Where o' where has BF gone.....?

Satan

As an Astros fan, I have been a little disturbed by the lack of scoring by anything other than a home run.

Who is starting tomorrow night??  Clemens?  Munro?

75884[/snapback]

I'm glad to see even the Astros fans have noticed it.

As far as the pitching goes, I'm starting to hear it may be Munro, in which case I would be very confident in a game 7 happening.

Once it's game 7, ANYTHING can happen.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the pitching goes, I'm starting to hear it may be Munro, in which case I would be very confident in a game 7 happening.

75895[/snapback]

Don't you need to get to a game 7 first?

It's a shame though, they are fundementally a horrible ball club. All they are good at is hitting homers.

It's doable though, we are done in that minor league park and we can win 2 at home.

------------------------------

LOL....Backe owned you last night. Owned you. And if you couldn't manage a run in that "minor league" ball park then how are you going to do it against their aces at home?

Gawd pull your head out of your ass.

funny that if this had been a short series you would have ended up just like the Braves.

75895[/snapback]

You left out the part about how much fun it has been!

BUT, yes, I noticed. My bigger worry was how keyed in the Cards hitters seemed to be on Oswalt. They seemed like they had studied him HARD. But then Backe came in and totally baffled them. Same with Woody Williams - he baffled the Astro hitters bad. It's weird.

I called 7 games a few days ago, too, but at the time the 'Stros had won only one game so far.

"One more, one more!"

It's a shame though, they are fundementally a horrible ball club. All they are good at is hitting homers.

It's doable though, we are done in that minor league park and we can win 2 at home.

------------------------------

LOL....Backe owned you last night. Owned you. And if you couldn't manage a run in that "minor league" ball park then how are you going to do it against their aces at home?

Gawd pull your head out of your ass.

funny that if this had been a short series you would have ended up just like the Braves.

75907[/snapback]

Backe pitched great. I said it, he pitched great. Anything else????

It's not a short series, and we aren't the Braves, we are still playing (for one more game at least).

You left out the part about how much fun it has been!

BUT, yes, I noticed.  My bigger worry was how keyed in the Cards hitters seemed to be on Oswalt.  They seemed like they had studied him HARD.  But then Backe came in and totally baffled them.  Same with Woody Williams - he baffled the Astro hitters bad. It's weird.

I called 7 games a few days ago, too, but at the time the 'Stros had won only one game so far. 

"One more, one more!"

75909[/snapback]

Hitters have a tough time with pitchers that throw a lot of junk. They like to sit there and wait for fast balls and when all they are seeing is breaking balls and change ups, it throws their timing off. Why do you think Izzy is the one that got rocked???? It wasn't that tough for them to sit on fast balls because they had been doing it all night.

Hitters have a tough time with pitchers that throw a lot of junk.  They like to sit there and wait for fast balls and when all they are seeing is breaking balls and change ups, it throws their timing off.  Why do you think Izzy is the one that got rocked????  It wasn't that tough for them to sit on fast balls because they had been doing it all night.

75917[/snapback]

What about Oswalt? Do you think he had a bad game / bad control? Or did he have good stuff and the Cards were prepared well?

He throws some pretty nasty junk, along with fastballs. But he had ZERO strikeouts!!