ESPN's Titletown...

buckeyemike

Mike -

I grew up in Marietta, OH - right across the river from Parkersburg. Now, what they've done in WEST VIRGINIA certainly is an accomplishment. However, it would sicken me to see Parkersburg listed as "Titletown, USA" when they're up againt some of the cities that they are. New York, LA, etc, aside, trying to say that Parkersburg's high school dominance is like saying that the winner of the 100m special olympics race is as good as the world record holder in that OTHER 100m race.

Anyone that knows high school sports, and knows PHS/PSHS, know that they get dominated when they leave their state...bring them to Cincinnati/Cleveland on any given Friday night and I'm willing to bet that our city champions would beat them 9 times out of 10.

Cincinnati St. Xavier, Moeller, Colerain, Elder, Cleveland St Edwards, St Ignascius, etc. etc.

WVa sports are a joke. Plain and simple.

While your at it bring those so clumsy boys to South Florida and really get destroyed.

Mike -

I grew up in Marietta, OH - right across the river from Parkersburg. Now, what they've done in WEST VIRGINIA certainly is an accomplishment. However, it would sicken me to see Parkersburg listed as "Titletown, USA" when they're up againt some of the cities that they are. New York, LA, etc, aside, trying to say that Parkersburg's high school dominance is like saying that the winner of the 100m special olympics race is as good as the world record holder in that OTHER 100m race.

Anyone that knows high school sports, and knows PHS/PSHS, know that they get dominated when they leave their state...bring them to Cincinnati/Cleveland on any given Friday night and I'm willing to bet that our city champions would beat them 9 times out of 10.

Cincinnati St. Xavier, Moeller, Colerain, Elder, Cleveland St Edwards, St Ignatius, etc. etc.

WVa sports are a joke. Plain and simple.

Since I was in Marietta recently (my mom grew up in St. Marys, about 20 miles upriver on the WV side), I was able to read the articles in the Parkersburg paper.

I fear you're right. Ignatius would probably kill PHS. :worthy:

While your at it bring those so clumsy boys to South Florida and really get destroyed.

Florida, Texas, and California have year 'round programs for football, don't they? Ohio and Pennsylvania have 'bout a third of that and yet continue to churn out top level indivuduals and teams @ the high school level.

Imagine what they could do if they had football year 'round too.

Florida, Texas, and California have year 'round programs for football, don't they? Ohio and Pennsylvania have 'bout a third of that and yet continue to churn out top level indivuduals and teams @ the high school level.

Its only select schools who do. Southlake Carroll (where Todd Dodge was) has a year-round football program, and some other schools in Texas are experimenting with it. My HS in Florida certainly didn't have a year-round program, only a fall one.

We dont have year round programs. They are restriced to practice just like other programs are. Can fight the talent.

Its only select schools who do. Southlake Carroll (where Todd Dodge was) has a year-round football program, and some other schools in Texas are experimenting with it. My HS in Florida certainly didn't have a year-round program, only a fall one.

And Miami Northwestern flew to Texas and beat the supposed best team in the nation in there own house. Im not syaing Texas football isn't great but it aint Florida football.