Vista/Microphone help

geggytah

trying to figure out how to plug a mic in to my new laptop and be able to speak and project my voice out over speakers. on xp the audio controls had a dedicated mic volume control, but in vista the mic control seems to be in the sound section of the control panel. i have my mic working because i can record my voice, but i want to just have the ability to talk and amplify with NO recording. yes i googled, but to no success. i come here humbly...HELP!!!

trying to figure out how to plug a mic in to my new laptop and be able to speak and project my voice out over speakers. on xp the audio controls had a dedicated mic volume control, but in vista the mic control seems to be in the sound section of the control panel. i have my mic working because i can record my voice, but i want to just have the ability to talk and amplify with NO recording. yes i googled, but to no success. i come here humbly...HELP!!!

Vista bah-lows. Hate to break it to you. Seriously I have the same issus. That's why I stick with my XP machine for audio production. You could try installing an external sound card with its own mixer softwar like Creative SoundBlaster.

PTR

Vista bah-lows. Hate to break it to you. Seriously I have the same issus. That's why I stick with my XP machine for audio production. You could try installing an external sound card with its own mixer softwar like Creative SoundBlaster.

PTR

I'm getting real close to dumping Vista. It was a headache when I first added the Vista notebook to my home network, then everything was fine for a while, but now I'm running into problems with SP1, my wireless networking, everything. Getting tired of looking for help all the time.

I'm getting real close to dumping Vista. It was a headache when I first added the Vista notebook to my home network, then everything was fine for a while, but now I'm running into problems with SP1, my wireless networking, everything. Getting tired of looking for help all the time.

I had the same issue, but when i opened up the case to check the hardware, i noticed that the power cable to the card wasn't on correctly :bag::lol: Sometimes, it is the simple things that the OS can't be at fault for.

Then again, I have a webcam built into the laptop and the computer doesn't recognize that it is plugged in (on its host program or in the drivers folder), but certain programs do. :huh:

I had the same issue, but when i opened up the case to check the hardware, i noticed that the power cable to the card wasn't on correctly :bag::lol: Sometimes, it is the simple things that the OS can't be at fault for.

Then again, I have a webcam built into the laptop and the computer doesn't recognize that it is plugged in (on its host program or in the drivers folder), but certain programs do. :huh:

I wish it was something like that - a relatively simple hardware fix. It seems to be intermittent problems, with a new one popping up every day.