WM - It's a miracle

shoveldog

Forget about this guy?

Dennis Byrd

75099[/snapback]

Dennis Byrd. Mike Utley. Darryl Stingley. Napoleon Mccallum. Joe Theisman. Bryant Young. Football is a vicious game. Obviously the most horrific was Stingley but the Napoleon Mccallum is the most grusome injury I have seen in all my years watching football

Dennis Byrd.  Mike Utley.  Darryl Stingley.  Napoleon Mccallum.  Joe Theisman.  Bryant Young.  Football is a vicious game.  Obviously the most horrific was Stingley but the Napoleon Mccallum is the most grusome injury I have seen in all my years watching football

75624[/snapback]

heres an article about that Mccallum injury which happened on MNF

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/199...ts/6475384.html

WM's injury was bad, but do any of you remember Napoleon McCallum?  That injury was brutal.  Dislocated knee, blew out all the ligaments and ruptured an artery.  IIRC they almost had to amputate his leg.

75165[/snapback]

No, it was McCallum. He was playing for the Raiders against the 49ers in the opening Monday night game in 1994.

He was struggling for yards, and Ken Norton pulled McCallum downwards over McCallum's extended leg. You could see in slow motion how McCallum's knee pushed itself backwards and sideways, especially in the slo-mo shot from the rear. That was a gruesome injury, and he never fully recovered.

MNF got some grief for repeatedly showing the injury that night.

Dennis Byrd.  Mike Utley.  Darryl Stingley.  Napoleon Mccallum.  Joe Theisman.  Bryant Young.  Football is a vicious game.  Obviously the most horrific was Stingley but the Napoleon Mccallum is the most grusome injury I have seen in all my years watching football

75624[/snapback]

Let's not forget about our own Tim Krumrie, who broke his tibia/fibula in the Superbowl against the 49ers while playing for the Bengals. I believe he's got a titanium rod in his leg.

I've only had TiVo for a year, but I have to say that Milloy's injury was one of the top 5 most gruesome injuries I've seen too. I think not many people noticed because it wasn't really replayed on the broadcast, but it was really bad. I just saw an old post by Lori who was saying that she saw it too....

It looked like his whole arm midway from elbow to wrist kinda pinwheeled after spiking into the other player's shin. Yuck-ola! I will be very impressed if Milloy comes back before our playoff run. :o

After this Sunday's outstanding performance by Willis, I thought it would be intriguing to look back and see just how far this young man has come since his injury.  WARNING:  Don't watch if you are sqweemish.

Willis Injury Clip

Travis, I love ya man!  But Willis has earned our hearts by coming back from such a horrific injury.  Show us the stuff Willis.  We're with you!

75015[/snapback]

back when they drafted him, i remember running to the computer and downloading that clip. I wanted to save it for a time like this. you beat me to it.