Pass protection

IndyJay1234

I will apologize if this has already been talked about but I thought the biggest difference was Willis picking up a defender when they came through. He is a great blocker ala Thurman.

74905[/snapback]

Willis's blocking definitely helped. I think our success could also be chalked up to...

1) fewer all-out blitz packages from the Dolphins than we've seen from other teams

2) better "max protect" schemes for Drew -- rarely was he back there all by his lonesome

3) good reads by Drew and crisp routes by the WRs.

In spite all the gushing about Willis's pass-blocking, which I tend to agree with, the lone sack on Drew was the direct result of Willis missing his pick-up (tried to make a block, but had a poor angle).

In spite all the gushing about Willis's pass-blocking, which I tend to agree with, the lone sack on Drew was the direct result of Willis missing his pick-up (tried to make a block, but had a poor angle).

75025[/snapback]

I can accept that as a rookie mistake...particularly since he consistently made blocks, whereas Henry consistently whiffs on them.

I liked, too, the way McGahee stayed back and looked for anyone needing blocking, and if he found no one went out as a safety valve for Bledsoe. Nothing all that special...except he seemd to be paying attention to the game, which is something I don't ever really sense from Henry when he doesn't have the ball.