Look's Good

Dante

Seriously?

Seriously. Aside from the fact that the camcorder used would have run out of battery/tape about half way through the film.

Name for me a better American monster-disaster film from the last 10 years.

Of course it's going to be cheesy at times, and of course the acting is going to be wooden. Getting past those things, I was satisfied. Not blown away. Satisfied.

Me too. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Absolutely agree. I don't need movies that are wrapped up with a bow and the audience is given an answer sheet. I thought it was a great flick and I loved that it left so many questions. But when I read/heard others' views on it, the vast majority was pounding on it for the same reasons I liked it.

I liked that they used a no name cast. I like that they stayed true to the concept ("this is probably how YOU really would react if this happened and you had a camera"). And I liked that it kept me wondering when I left the theater. Movies like that are good for a change of pace.

Absolutely agree. I don't need movies that are wrapped up with a bow and the audience is given an answer sheet. I thought it was a great flick and I loved that it left so many questions. But when I read/heard others' views on it, the vast majority was pounding on it for the same reasons I liked it.

I liked that they used a no name cast. I like that they stayed true to the concept ("this is probably how YOU really would react if this happened and you had a camera"). And I liked that it kept me wondering when I left the theater. Movies like that are good for a change of pace.

Agreed on all accounts. The monster was pretty sweet, and concealing its appearance during the early promos made for an exciting release. When the movie began, I thought to myself- "Oh boy, here we go. A cheesy love story and some far-fetched plot I don't/won't give a SH-T about." But then as the movie un-folded, I was surprised at the gravity some of the character relationships held.

Granted, I watched the movie using the same cheese-filter I used at Indy this summer!

Nevertheless, it was short (read: didn't drag on), made its point, and stuck to its guns. Quite satisfying indeed.

I doubt I'll ever see "Quarantined."