Anyone golf at Transit Valley before?

I cant comment, but perhaps you could ask Grant Fuhr?

Is this the same place?

The internet is a wonderful thing....

Racial controversy

In May of 1993, while still a member of the Buffalo Sabres, Fuhr was denied membership in the neighbouring Transit Valley Country Club. At the time, rumours floated that the denial was based on race, as several of Fuhr's white teammates had been granted membership.[7] Club officials denied they rejected Fuhr based on his race; rather, his application contained “incorrect and incomplete” information. Various acts of vandalism at the club occurred after news of Fuhr's rejection surfaced, including an incident where vandals burned a swastika onto one of the greens.[8] In light of the negative publicity, the club reversed its position and offered Fuhr not only a membership, but an apology as well. Grant rejected the membership & joined nearby Lancaster Country Club. The club also temporarily suspended its membership committee and had an anti-bias policy written into its by-laws.

Is this the same place?

The internet is a wonderful thing....

Racial controversy

In May of 1993, while still a member of the Buffalo Sabres, Fuhr was denied membership in the neighbouring Transit Valley Country Club. At the time, rumours floated that the denial was based on race, as several of Fuhr's white teammates had been granted membership.[7] Club officials denied they rejected Fuhr based on his race; rather, his application contained “incorrect and incomplete” information. Various acts of vandalism at the club occurred after news of Fuhr's rejection surfaced, including an incident where vandals burned a swastika onto one of the greens.[8] In light of the negative publicity, the club reversed its position and offered Fuhr not only a membership, but an apology as well. Grant rejected the membership & joined nearby Lancaster Country Club. The club also temporarily suspended its membership committee and had an anti-bias policy written into its by-laws.

Kick save AND A BEAUT!!!

Transit is a very nice course, country club or not.

They lost several THOUSAND trees from the storm, so the course has lost some of its picturesque-ness, but it is still fun to play (played there with some clients recently). Several holes are very challenging, varying elevations, you have to make some tough shots... all in all, I think it is one of the top five local CC courses (Crag Burn still the very best).

I would say it is comparable to OPCC in that it is very woodsy, lots of turns, varying elevations, etc. I find it to be a very fun and challenging course to play.

Plus, they've redone all of the facilities in the past 10 years or so (I was told) so it is nice and modern.