Peters vs Schoebel

cale

Last year Schoebel with 3 years left on his deal - got a blockbuster deal? For arguably being less productive than Jason Peters. And he hasn't even been in any of the OTAs. What's up with that? I don't know if he has been at minicamp.

Still he gets a free pass and Peters is being criticized. I just don't get it.

C

Last year Schoebel with 3 years left on his deal - got a blockbuster deal? For arguably being less productive than Jason Peters. And he hasn't even been in any of the OTAs. What's up with that? I don't know if he has been at minicamp.

C

Schoebel was at some of the OTAs, and had "obligations" which is why he missed some others. He also didn't purposely hold out of ALL team activites (manditory or otherwise). Instead he kept his mouth shut and let the team and his agent work out a deal.

On the other hand, Peters didn't show up for ANY team activites, and didn't even bother to tell anyone why untill a week ago. Shoebel didn't paint the team into a corner, and as such got rewarded. Peters wants to play hardball, and is reaping the benifits.

The biggest difference is Peters has the potential to be the best player at his position in the NFL...he is already top 3 IMO. Peters is one of those rare once in a decade type talents that is currently only our 3rd highest paid offensive lineman. Normally I don't ever side with players when they holdout and complain about contracts, however in this case Mr. Peters does have a point as much as I hate to admit it.

Good point and one that I didn't realize. Schobel got a reworked deal because Kelsay was re-signed to huge deals. In the same vein, Peters should have received a new deal after they signed Dockery.