Micheal Vick

Guest dog14787

I lived in Georgia for a few years and became a fan of the Atlanta Falcons ( my Buffalo Bills always comes first of course) and spent extra money buying NFL ticket just so I could watch Michael Vick play. He was amazing, here was a fella who could run faster then 99% of the players in the NFL, had a cannon with his right and left arm and was fearless on the football field. I just loved watching the guy play, Michael Vick changed the way a QB is percieved in the NFL. All of the sudden a stationary QB ( pocket QB ) was boring and for the most part, a sitting duck.

The whole nation fell in love with Michael Vick, now everyone hates him and it breaks my heart, still I don't hate Michael Vick, I hate what he did, but he's paying for his mistakes and I forgive him. This is comming from someone who loves animals, especially dogs.

If God can forgive him, can't we?

Well said.

Yards are yards... if he rushes for 100 yards and throws for 250, he's still moving the ball. Some people are so enamored with the pocket passing QB, they can't recognize a rare talent (like Vince Young & Vick) if it was staring them right in the face. And to add to the irony, those SAME people are standing up in defense of Marshawn Lynch, who hit someone and drove off. Goes to show that their hatred for Vick goes a bit deeper than the mistakes he made...

In any case, the outcry and level of hatred spewed at Vick for making a mistake was rather disproportionate, especially when put in context of what other NFL players have done off the football field.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Well said.

Yards are yards... if he rushes for 100 yards and throws for 250, he's still moving the ball. Some people are so enamored with the pocket passing QB, they can't recognize a rare talent (like Vince Young & Vick) if it was staring them right in the face. And to add to the irony, those SAME people are standing up in defense of Marshawn Lynch, who hit someone and drove off. Goes to show that their hatred for Vick goes a bit deeper than the mistakes he made...

In any case, the outcry and level of hatred spewed at Vick for making a mistake was rather disproportionate, especially when put in context of what other NFL players have done off the football field.

I'm also a big J.P. Losman fan and to me, Losman should be put into the same category as Vick and Young. The only difference is our last OC didn't have enough marbles to utilize JP Losman properly. :lol:

A couple of dogs standing up for Michael Vick, imagine that :blink: