Dear Commissioner Goodell,

All I want for X-mas is for you not to suspend Lynch. He made a mistake, got scared and left the scene, no biggie, the girl is ok. Briggs crashed his Lambo and fled and you didn't suspend him, so you can't suspend Lynch. Please, we need him... big time. We might get off the playoff schnide this year, don't take that away from us.

Sincerely,

One Extremely Terrified Bills Fan.

Anybody else wanna sign my petition? :thumbsup:

You can not successfully point to something Goodell did with one person and assume he should do the same with someone else.

Consider that as a coach, Wade Wilson gets nailed buying steroids, is fined $100,000 and is suspended four games where as a coach, Bill Bellicheat* gets caught cheating for almost eight years, and gets a $500,000 fine and no suspension.

Goodell will only does what interests him. If it interests him to suspend Lynch, he'll do it regardless of any precedent you think he may have set.

You can not successfully point to something Goodell did with one person and assume he should do the same with someone else.

Consider that as a coach, Wade Wilson gets nailed buying steroids, is fined $100,000 and is suspended four games where as a coach, Bill Bellicheat* gets caught cheating for almost eight years, and gets a $500,000 fine and no suspension.

Goodell will only does what interests him. If it interests him to suspend Lynch, he'll do it regardless of any precedent you think he may have set.

Yep. Although I'd substitute "what interests him", with "what benefits him".

Is there any reason to think Lynch knew the girl was okay when he left?

Yes.

He proceeded to yell out the window "You aight!?"

Followed by the moan of pain, he proclaimed "BEASS MOWD!"

And drove off in to the sun...rise.

Great point made though silver, she'll probably milk it for all it's worth...

All I want for X-mas is for you not to suspend Lynch. He made a mistake, got scared and left the scene, no biggie, the girl is ok. Briggs crashed his Lambo and fled and you didn't suspend him, so you can't suspend Lynch. Please, we need him... big time. We might get off the playoff schnide this year, don't take that away from us.

Sincerely,

One Extremely Terrified Bills Fan.

Anybody else wanna sign my petition? :blink:

No.

Minimizing the incident itself makes the argument weak. Lynch needs to own up to this and throw himself at the mercy of the league and courts. Humility = less chance of suspension. Calling a personal injury hit-and-run "no biggie" will only piss off the victims and family and anyone else who has ever been or known a victim of a hit and run.