Sam Adams benched apparently

He played most of the first half but didnt play well. One play Gray was furious with him and tried to take him out but he wouldnt leave the field. The coaches were pissed (and Pat Williams had to come out). They benched him for the second half, mosty because Edwads just happened to be playing well. But Adams was pissed and the coaches were pissed at him.

I just heard more about it. Bannan and Edwards were sent in after Adams and Williams were both bowled over by Sammy Morris. That was the play Gray was pissed at. Adams wouldnt come out and stayed in for three more plays. Bannan had to run off the field. Then the coaches yelled at Adams and benched him the rest of the game.

73345[/snapback]

I'll bet it was the play in the 2nd Q where he (and another player...maybe Williams) were basically jogging while Sammy Morris did an end-around them.

PTR

I'm hearing reports from other sites that Adams was benched after the 1st quarter for getting into a fight (shouting match?) with Gray and Krumrie.  Not good news if true.  Hopefully we'll get a clarification of things.

73334[/snapback]

Interesting. Clearly he deserved the benching, don't know if I's want to get in a fight with Krumrie.

Paul Hamilton of WGR said that Sam Adams refused to come out of the game  for 3 coinsecutive plays. After he finally went to the bench he got into a shouting match with Krumrie and Jerry Grey.

Paul Hamilton also said that he would not be suprised if this will be the last game we see Sam Adams as a Buffalo Bill

73564[/snapback]

Paul Hamilton's comment = RJ