Pro Bowl Selections in 2008

H2o

OK so ill change the word huge to top numbers...if you check the stats of DT's the numbers I gave are comparable to top numbers of last season..as a matter of fact a few of the pro bowlers had comparable numbers although ill agree that huge would be exsessive....also I didnt want to go and throw numbers that I didnt think could be reached

last years pro bowlers:

Albert Haynesworth 40 6 0

Vince Worlfork 48 2 0

Jamal Williams 39 0 1

Casey Hampton 33 .5 0

(hmm looks like my stats beats those 4 guys)

Pat Williams 62 2 0

Kevin Williams 38 3 1

Tommie Harris 36 8 2

Darnell Dockett 58 9 2

(ok my numbers aren't huge compared to these guys but if McCargo had my numbers last year he'd be a pro bowler)

all but haynesworth, wilfork, and dockett had made the pro bowl prior to the '07 season......it took haynesworth and wilfork multiple years of very solid production to finally get the recognition......and dockett did put up the huge numbers in '07 (9 sacks) to get in

DT's stats are probably less important then any other position, but in order to make the pro bowl a guy needs to be consistently good for a number of years or put up some big sack numbers......mccargo putting up 4 sacks just isn't going to get him in, no matter how good he actually plays.......it's still a popularity contest at the end of the day.......that doesn't mean he won't have a pro-bowl caliber year though

all but haynesworth, wilfork, and dockett had made the pro bowl prior to the '07 season......it took haynesworth and wilfork multiple years of very solid production to finally get the recognition......and dockett did put up the huge numbers in '07 (9 sacks) to get in

DT's stats are probably less important then any other position, but in order to make the pro bowl a guy needs to be consistently good for a number of years or put up some big sack numbers......mccargo putting up 4 sacks just isn't going to get him in, no matter how good he actually plays.......it's still a popularity contest at the end of the day.......that doesn't mean he won't have a pro-bowl caliber year though

ok ill agree with yea about DT's and how long it takes to get in, but I still think McCargo has a great year next year and should be a pro bowl alternate atleast..like I said, I was trying to be realistic with my numbers, but didn't realize at the time I wrote them what the bottom 4 DT's had for stats....I hope McCargo has a year like the Pat Williams did in Minny, but Pat is just a monsters and a reckoning force that we unfortunately let go