Top Selling Albums in 2007

Music has been SHAT for over a decade. :blink:

Not true. Easily obtainable music (FM radio, MTV) for the most part has been stojan for a while, but if you look around the intertubes there is some really great stuff being put out.

Not true. Easily obtainable music (FM radio, MTV) for the most part has been stojan for a while, but if you look around the intertubes there is some really great stuff being put out.

Exactly!!! There's some incredible music out there.

Can anybody tell me why one of the network stations have not created an hour-long show where bands perform? I know of Austin City Limits on PBS, and the weekly band on Saturday Night Live....Are there any others??? It makes no sense...With all of the other garbage shows the networks currently run, they don't want a weekly music hour? Would the ratings absolutely suck??? I don't get it???

Imagine, 1-hour long, on NBC/CBS/ABC, perhaps three bands per week...Two "lesser known" bands play two songs each, and a "headliner" band plays three or four songs to close the show. Live music. Or perhaps taped from one of the band's previous live performances. Why would this show not get a chance, but they continue with the reality and game show crap like crazy?

Anybody know the approximate costs to book bands? But why would bands NOT want to get their music out there to a national audience??? It only means more potential album sales and concert revenue, right?

I do not get this....

Exactly!!! There's some incredible music out there.

Can anybody tell me why one of the network stations have not created an hour-long show where bands perform? I know of Austin City Limits on PBS, and the weekly band on Saturday Night Live....Are there any others??? It makes no sense...With all of the other garbage shows the networks currently run, they don't want a weekly music hour? Would the ratings absolutely suck??? I don't get it???

Imagine, 1-hour long, on NBC/CBS/ABC, perhaps three bands per week...Two "lesser known" bands play two songs each, and a "headliner" band plays three or four songs to close the show. Live music. Or perhaps taped from one of the band's previous live performances. Why would this show not get a chance, but they continue with the reality and game show crap like crazy?

Anybody know the approximate costs to book bands? But why would bands NOT want to get their music out there to a national audience??? It only means more potential album sales and concert revenue, right?

I do not get this....

Not much like this out there. Conan O'brien has always been pretty good about bringing good bands/musicians to network TV, but that's only a 5 minute segment broadcast in the middle of the night.

Enjoy, it's one of their best efforts IMO. Cash Box, Cruel Fate, Her Own Kinda Woman and Spanish Highway are among my favorites.

Just checked out Big Head Todd's tour page and it looks like they are playing Thursday at The Square in Buffalo on 9/4. This qualifies as a must see, especially since it's free.