Who would have a higher draft grade coming out of college?

mckelvin by far imo.

in a draft with what 5 first round corners and 10 or so (more) in the first 100 picks mckelvin is the stand up top dog. if he could catch like donte hall he'd have been a top 5 guy. clements was the first db taken at like 21 or something to us. there were a few taken by then this year.

mckelvin by far imo.

in a draft with what 5 first round corners and 10 or so (more) in the first 100 picks mckelvin is the stand up top dog. if he could catch like donte hall he'd have been a top 5 guy. clements was the first db taken at like 21 or something to us. there were a few taken by then this year.

It seems clear that it would be McKelvin as he was seen by many (the Bills also apparently) as potentially an elite talent (which I define as a player meriting selection in the top 10) as the Bills wasted little time in taking him at #11 when he slipped to the.

For draft purposes no one I heard of remotely had Clements meriting a top 10 pick. Few seemed surprised that the Bills got him at a plus 20 pick (in fact, didn't the Bills trade down in that draft to that slot and if so clearly were not hot and heavy after Clements).

I think mckelvin is gonna be neck and neck with hester for return tds this year, something that nate was OK at but not at this kids level. The team will tell McGee they need him to be the #1 guy and concentrate soley on cb, so as not to hurt any ego. They love Mckelvin at cb no doubt, but i assure you that they are drooling at the idea this kid could give them what hester gives the bears, he was that good in the return game at Troy!

Coming out of college Nate was in a similar situation as far as McKelvin in regard to being the almost consensus top CB in the draft, however, whoever pointed out that less CBs were picked that year is right. Though its too early to judge, this CB class seems to be better than that one was. Also, Nate possessed good, but not great measurables, McKelvin's numbers border on elite in several categories. Nate had the advantage of covering top flight competition in college and was probably more ready to step in and play CB, but its difficult to tell. Obviously I never watched McKelvin in action in college but it seems like he was pretty special, albeit playing in a much smaller conference.

I don't believe that espn had scouts inc. grades on insider like they do now, but McKelvin's grade was a 95 I believe, and from reading over scouts inc prospect reports over the years I'd guess theyd put nate around a 93, but thats only my guess.

Either way, if McKelvin turns out to be as good as nate was, but brings more to special teams and can learn not to try to be a "playmaker" all the time, we've got a gem on our hands. Generally the first CB taken in a draft class turns out to be solid at the very least, in recent years few have been busts, Pacman being one of them and talent is clearly not the issue there.