Great deal to be had at bb.com pro shop

Yes, everything is sewn on, but they are FAKE!! The colors are different and the weight of those things are super light.

So? Who cares?

Can anyone actually tell that they are fake without having to take a close look at them? I bought a Whitner, and a Lynch, with the NFL tags on them for $30 and $50 last year, and they look real enough. Its not like the names were misspelled, or wrong numbers.

The weight of the ones that I have don't feel super light, they feel heavier then the replica my sister bought me from a sports store for christmas one year.

Can anyone actually tell that they are fake without having to take a close look at them?

Yes. Pretty easily, in fact, if you know what to look for. The polyester mesh most of them use is heavier than the replicas, but nowhere near the nylon mesh in the real ones.

But hey, as long as you know what you're buying, it's your money.

Yes. Pretty easily, in fact, if you know what to look for. The polyester mesh most of them use is heavier than the replicas, but nowhere near the nylon mesh in the real ones.

But hey, as long as you know what you're buying, it's your money.

I'm talking about if you saw me at a game or walking down the street, and did not come up and look closely at it, could you really tell it wasn't even a replica?

I'm talking about if you saw me at a game or walking down the street, and did not come up and look closely at it, could you really tell it wasn't even a replica?

I have seen several of these at the stadium and they are like looking at a bad toupee....the person wearing it doesnt know how obvious it is

Replicas are screened instead of sewn, and the sleeves aren't cuffed. That's obvious from 50 feet.

Yeah, I can nail most knockoffs ... but remember, I've done some research on this.

Jeez, youz wealthy guyz and gurlz are makin' me feel bad.. :thumbsup:

I admit I just purchased a 'Replica' Chandler #81 throwback. I guess I'll have to accept how cheesy I'll look, spending only $119.00 w/shipping..

I think I'll get over it though.. :D

Jeez, youz wealthy guyz and gurlz are makin' me feel bad.. :thumbsup:

I admit I just purchased a 'Replica' Chandler #81 throwback. I guess I'll have to accept how cheesy I'll look, spending only $119.00 w/shipping..

I think I'll get over it though.. :D

My custom #58 -- the shirt I'll be wearing to most games this year -- is a replica, and it may be the last jersey I buy for a long time. Not interested in paying TWICE what my last Kelly authentic cost for one of the current models, and most of the knockoffs I've seen are junk.

My custom #58 -- the shirt I'll be wearing to most games this year -- is a replica, and it may be the last jersey I buy for a long time. Not interested in paying TWICE what my last Kelly authentic cost for one of the current models, and most of the knockoffs I've seen are junk.

agreed...I have a Lee Evans Throwback Replica I bought at Dicks for $19(after discounts and coupons)...IMO paying $50 for what is supposed to be an "authentic" jersey, that looks NOTHING like it should is foolish...that is just my opinion

So? Who cares?

Can anyone actually tell that they are fake without having to take a close look at them? I bought a Whitner, and a Lynch, with the NFL tags on them for $30 and $50 last year, and they look real enough. Its not like the names were misspelled, or wrong numbers.

The weight of the ones that I have don't feel super light, they feel heavier then the replica my sister bought me from a sports store for christmas one year.

apus.....I guess it depends where you get it on EBAY, because I have seen good ones and bad ones. There is a guy who sits directly in front of me and he has the worst Whitner replica ever. The colors are good and all but he has 14,000 little strings hanging off the lettering and numbering. I told him to keep wearing because it turned out to be good luck. Everytime the Bills made a good play I just pulled out one of those strings.

OK, I'll bite. Stratton or Conlan?

OK, I'll bite. Stratton or Conlan?

Neither, although the number was chosen to honor both of them. When the Bills first came out with the throwbacks, Nick Bakay wore a gorgeous #34 authentic on some of his NFL Network fantasy-league appearances. Never showed the back, though, so I asked him whether it said Gilchrist or Thomas. He said he couldn't play favorites between those two and Bubby Braxton, so he put his own name on the back instead. (Also something about shameless self-promotion in there, as I recall.)

Made sense at the time, although I didn't have any excuse for the self-promotion bit. So I'm one of "those people," arrogant enough to wear a jersey with my name on it.

So I'm one of "those people," arrogant enough to wear a jersey with my name on it.

:D

from FanNation.com

Your own name...don't do it

Every fan dreams of suiting up for his team...and some of these fans decide that since they will never play for their team, they'll go out and buy a jersey with their name on it. Don't be that guy. Sorry, this just looks sad. I mean, seeing a Bears jersey with "Dasgupta" on the back...everyone knows it doesn't look right...no one is going to say "Hey, did you play for the team?"...they're all instead going to think 2 things...

God, that guy is pathetic

What a waste of money

The solution? Either go out and join a sports team so you can get your name on your jersey, or be lucky enough to have a player with the same name...it's why when I was a kid I wanted a Raymont Harris jersey.

Yup, pretty much, EZC. :D

To save (some small amount of) face, I should probably add that I've got a blank 90's-style jersey which will eventually have Conlan's name/number, whenever I get back to Buffalo to drop it off. I'll probably switch to that one when I get it back.

agreed...I have a Lee Evans Throwback Replica I bought at Dicks for $19(after discounts and coupons)...IMO paying $50 for what is supposed to be an "authentic" jersey, that looks NOTHING like it should is foolish...that is just my opinion

True, if they actually look nothing like they are supposed to and you are trying to convince people its authentic.

Whats the difference between wearing one that might be a knock off cause they used Blue #345 instead of Blue #348, and the "mesh" is slightly different, compared to wearing one that has ironed on numbers, instead of sewn on numbers?

True, if they actually look nothing like they are supposed to and you are trying to convince people its authentic.

Whats the difference between wearing one that might be a knock off cause they used Blue #345 instead of Blue #348, and the "mesh" is slightly different, compared to wearing one that has ironed on numbers, instead of sewn on numbers?

Im not talking about those...I am talking about the guys wearing the obvious fakes, with fake everything...that look fake...that people are bragging about the great deal they got...

Im not talking about those...I am talking about the guys wearing the obvious fakes, with fake everything...that look fake...that people are bragging about the great deal they got...

You mean the ones that have Kelly spelled with a 'C'?

Its one of the main reasons why I don't buy anything off the net not located in the US or Canada