Buffalo Bandits clinch the eastern conference crown

Fezmid

I know there's some NLL fans out there. The Bandits clinched the eastern conference, and the Swarm are in second. That means if both teams win this coming weekend, they'll play in the conference finals in Buffalo.

If you haven't seen an NLL game, you should really go -they're a lot of fun, and relatively cheap to attend as well!

http://www.nll.com

http://www.bandits.com

http://www.mnswarm.com

And, at least in Minnesota, if you find the game boring, you can watch this:

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_photo.ph...amp;id=IMG_2617

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_photo.ph...amp;id=IMG_1194

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_photo.ph...amp;id=IMG_2927

Bandits clinched home field throughout, are virtually 100% healthy (not counting Greenhalgh), and are a collective 7-2 against all other playoff teams. This may be our best roster since 1996. We're effing stacked: Tavares, Steenhuis, Accursi, Bucktooth, Powless, Dostie, McCready, Smith, Kilgour, White, etc... Only a deceased president can stop us now!

Note to fellow Bandits fans: game starts this Friday night, 7:30pm, HSBC, vs. Philly. Buy tickets ASAP because I think this one will be sold out by mid-week.

Bandits clinched home field throughout, are virtually 100% healthy (not counting Greenhalgh), and are a collective 7-2 against all other playoff teams. This may be our best roster since 1996. We're effing stacked: Tavares, Steenhuis, Accursi, Bucktooth, Powless, Dostie, McCready, Smith, Kilgour, White, etc... Only a deceased president can stop us now!

Note to fellow Bandits fans: game starts this Friday night, 7:30pm, HSBC, vs. Philly. Buy tickets ASAP because I think this one will be sold out by mid-week.

Minnesota should've had home field throughout. They were 6-0 to start the season, but faltered towards the end, losing their last two home games (were 6-0 at home), and ended up losing the tiebreaker to the Bandits. :thumbsup: If Minnesota and Buffalo both win (very likely), the Bandits will probably go the Cup finals since the Swarm don't match up with them well at all. I don't know what their overall record is against Buffalo, but it's pretty dismal.

Still, for a team in their 4th season and in the stronger conference, they're doing quite well building their team.

I'm surprised Rochester didn't make the playoffs -- first time in 15 years if I remember correctly.

Minnesota should've had home field throughout. They were 6-0 to start the season, but faltered towards the end, losing their last two home games (were 6-0 at home), and ended up losing the tiebreaker to the Bandits. :thumbsup: If Minnesota and Buffalo both win (very likely), the Bandits will probably go the Cup finals since the Swarm don't match up with them well at all. I don't know what their overall record is against Buffalo, but it's pretty dismal.

Still, for a team in their 4th season and in the stronger conference, they're doing quite well building their team.

I'm surprised Rochester didn't make the playoffs -- first time in 15 years if I remember correctly.

14 years. Up until this season, the K-hawks had made the playoffs in every year of their existence.

Minnesota has a 1-11 lifetime record vs. Buffalo, including playoffs. At this point, Minnesota's struggles with us are more psychological than strategic.

Is this the only Buffalo team to win a championship?

no...the Bills did win a pair of championships in the 60s...but the Bandits are the only team to win 3 league titles...all in the 90s. The next title to come to Buffalo will be in just a few weeks after the Bandits run the table through the playoffs and hoist the Champions Cup the weekend of May 16-18

Let's Go Bandits!!

season ticket holder here :lol:

no...the Bills did win a pair of championships in the 60s...but the Bandits are the only team to win 3 league titles...all in the 90s. The next title to come to Buffalo will be in just a few weeks after the Bandits run the table through the playoffs and hoist the Champions Cup the weekend of May 16-18

Let's Go Bandits!!

season ticket holder here :bag:

I used to root for the Bandits, but then Minnesota got a team -- so GO SWARM!!!! (season ticket holder since day 1, although I also did go to the first ever Bandits game :nana: )

See what winning championships does!

Traitor!

:nana:

Hehe, yeah... I was torn in the beginning, especially since the first ever home game for Minnesota was against Buffalo. Was tough to decide who to root for, but since I root for the Sabres when they play Minnesota and of course the Bills, I figured there should be at least one home team that I can watch and cheer for. :nana:

Go Swarm! :bag:

Hehe, yeah... I was torn in the beginning, especially since the first ever home game for Minnesota was against Buffalo. Was tough to decide who to root for, but since I root for the Sabres when they play Minnesota and of course the Bills, I figured there should be at least one home team that I can watch and cheer for. :cry:

Go Swarm! ;)

That's all right...if you get past the Titans, we'll swat the Swarm all over HSBC Arena :beer:

That's all right...if you get past the Titans, we'll swat the Swarm all over HSBC Arena :beer:

Pretty sure you're right about that... :cry:

Although we do have the rookie of the year (Craig Point) and the best goalie in the league (Nick Patterson) and the defensive player of the year (from last year at least) in Ryan Cousins... So we should be able to keep it close at the very least. ;)

Swarm lost, 11-8. :) It was a very close game all night until the end when the Titans scored 3 quick goals to win it. :blink:

Bandits are going to take it all this year.

Swarm lost, 11-8. :blink: It was a very close game all night until the end when the Titans scored 3 quick goals to win it. :D

I think you're right.....I just have that feeling this is our year. Don't worry though...we'll get revenge on the Titans for ya :)

Swarm lost, 11-8. :) It was a very close game all night until the end when the Titans scored 3 quick goals to win it. :blink:

The Buffalonian in me says we'll find a way to screw this one up, but I've got to admit that Mike Accursi has got me feeling all warm and tingly inside. To date, that has been THE trade of the season.

Fez, it's time to get back on board the Bandits bandwagon. Minnesota is your place of residence; WNY is your home. Don't ever forget that!

The Buffalonian in me says we'll find a way to screw this one up, but I've got to admit that Mike Accursi has got me feeling all warm and tingly inside. To date, that has been THE trade of the season.

Fez, it's time to get back on board the Bandits bandwagon. Minnesota is your place of residence; WNY is your home. Don't ever forget that!

I do like the Bandits -- and I'm rooting for them to take it all, now that MN is out. :)

Cross the Titans off the list. Next up is Portland coming to town to get beat down like bitches in the NLL Champions Cup Final!!!

The game against Portland could get ugly....