top 5 wideouts?

Predict the first 5 receivers taken in the draft today and who they go to.

19 Philly- Thomas

20 Tbay- Jackson

21 Wash- Sweed

24 Tenn- Hardy

28 Dall- Kelly

I feel if the Bills think they will get one of the top 5 in the 2nd round they will be disappointed becuase there will be a run in the late 1st.

It figures that the Bills would be desperate for WR help in a class with no blue chip WRs. :thumbsup:

typical eh. Exactly why I was hoping they'd sign Bryant Johnson or Hackett. While not great either. It beat's having to overdraft some non impact wr in a bad year for wideouts. The best of the bunch looks like Thomas, who may just be some 1 year wonder.

typical eh. Exactly why I was hoping they'd sign Bryant Johnson or Hackett. While not great either. It beat's having to overdraft some non impact wr in a bad year for wideouts. The best of the bunch looks like Thomas, who may just be some 1 year wonder.

Exactly. If you are actually a member of the Lee Evans Party, then you have to admit that the Bills just need a productive, complimentary threat in the passing game and not a replacement. The other side of the coin is that Evans is Donahoe's trash and is closing on his second contract. So, the penny-wise and pound-foolish approach would be to go all in on replacing him with the anticipation of letting Evans waltz on down the road.

19 Philly- Thomas

20 Tbay- Jackson

21 Wash- Sweed

24 Tenn- Hardy

28 Dall- Kelly

I feel if the Bills think they will get one of the top 5 in the 2nd round they will be disappointed becuase there will be a run in the late 1st.

If the Bills pass on a WR in R1, I think that your list looks about right. I'd probably drop Malcolm Kelly and add Jordy Nelson. Looking at R2, it gets no better. The first 8 teams are all in need of WR help to some degree and I'd expect them all to strongly consider one at their respective positions.

So yeah, I agree with you. If the Bills try to wait until pick 41 to get a WR in this draft, they're probably going to be **** out of luck. If they really want a quality WR prospect, they're either going to have to pick him with that first rounder or trade up from 41 into the early 20s, which will be pretty costly.

19 Philly- Thomas

20 Tbay- Jackson

21 Wash- Sweed

24 Tenn- Hardy

28 Dall- Kelly

Spot on, none of the above are available at #41

If the Bills pass on a WR in R1, I think that your list looks about right. I'd probably drop Malcolm Kelly and add Jordy Nelson. Looking at R2, it gets no better. The first 8 teams are all in need of WR help to some degree and I'd expect them all to strongly consider one at their respective positions.

So yeah, I agree with you. If the Bills try to wait until pick 41 to get a WR in this draft, they're probably going to be **** out of luck. If they really want a quality WR prospect, they're either going to have to pick him with that first rounder or trade up from 41 into the early 20s, which will be pretty costly.

None of those teams have thus far taken a WR, which I'll admit is a bit odd. I'm starting to wonder if some of these guys won't be there into the second round. We are at pick #24 and no a single one is gone. Buffalo might be able to stay put at #41 and still get one of the top five guys. My gut says Dallas is going to take DeSean Jackson, and after that I don't see a WR need until we pick again at #41. Maybe they knew more at OBD than we did. Have to wait and see, but a trade up would get us exactly what we needed. A CB and a WR in the first round.

19 Philly- Thomas - traded pick to Carolina

20 Tbay- Jackson - Aquib Talib CB

21 Wash- Sweed - traded to Atlanta

24 Tenn- Hardy - Chris Johnson RB

28 Dall- Kelly - traded up to pick 25 and took Mike Jenkins CB

oooooo your 0/5 ...dont go to Vegas Buddy :rolleyes:

None of those teams have thus far taken a WR, which I'll admit is a bit odd. I'm starting to wonder if some of these guys won't be there into the second round. We are at pick #24 and no a single one is gone. Buffalo might be able to stay put at #41 and still get one of the top five guys. My gut says Dallas is going to take DeSean Jackson, and after that I don't see a WR need until we pick again at #41. Maybe they knew more at OBD than we did. Have to wait and see, but a trade up would get us exactly what we needed. A CB and a WR in the first round.

Its definitely a bit odd, though there's no doubt whatsoever that OBD had better information as to who would go where in this draft.

I'm very, very surprised, though, that 28 picks into this thing, no one wants a tall, fast, athletic WR. That's highly unusual. These guys typically fly off the board and that past tendency has been one of the reasons I thought the Bills would have to draft a WR early, whether at 11 or trading back a bit. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not. It may mean that the Bills get an excellent WR prospect at a bargain price or it may just mean that these guys really do suck. Usually when tall, highly rated WRs fall, its because they can't play at all.

Between the character issues, terrible workouts, one-year wonderdom, mental lapses, bad hands, unlikely chance of helping immediately ... who wants to fork over the cap space for these ready-made busts?

Not that they'll all be busts; but, who wants to throw away a pick and cap space on a question mark?