That’s what they live for in Buffalo

Draconator

<snip> and anyone hit by the hurricanes this summer shouldn't have anything to say about a few snow storms

72397[/snapback]

Truly.

If it's not snow, it's a hurricane, brush fire, tornado, earthquake, or mudslide. No place is free of Mother Nature's wrath when she gets herself wound up...

Dan Marino is still bitter because he could never beat the Bills during his playing career. Marino never even made it to the Super Bowl largely due to the Buffalo Bills success against the Dolphins. His comment makes no sense at all. If people did not want to live here, they would move.

Is that coherent enough for you?

72546[/snapback]

Uh, Marino played in Super Bowl XIX. It was his only one and the Fishies lost.

GO BILLS!! SQUEEZE THE FISH!!

I'm off...

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
[have u ever met anyone from buffalo??? they're all obsessed with the place! they bash zweigles hotdogs (a rochester staple) and call the city "BLo". and the stories about chippewa ???

72400[/snapback]

B-Lo baby!!! :unsure:

Now...having been in the military...I got to move every 1.5 to 3 years. I can think of much worse places to live.

How I'd rank the Places I've lived.

1. Buffalo area (Friends and Family plus low cost of living and the best food around).

2. San Diego (Awesome weather, Awesome fun but Ridiculous cost of living unless you are a Padre or Charger)

3. Pearl Harbor (It's Hawaii but see San Diego)

4. San Juan, PR (High crime, learn Spanish and High crime but oh those girls :unsure: )

5. Adak, Alaska (1200 miles west of Anchorage on a tiny island...Nuff Said)

6. Pensacola, Fl (Redneck and frieking HOT and HUMID)

So there you have it.

I would love to move back to Buffalo but the jobs there just prevent me from doing so! If I got even 80% my salary now for equal work I'd move back to Buffalo in a second, but the economic environment there is bad. The property taxes in Buffalo are about three times that in Massachusetts as well. So although the homes here are three times as expensive you actually end up paying about the same because the property taxes are so low compared to Buffalo and its suburbs. 500K house in suburb of Boston (a decent suburb twenty minutes out) and property taxes on it were less than $4000/year.

Needless to say, RK is right about people moving out. But I think people have the misconception that it is because of weather, nothing to do etc.... The weather is the same in New England, the mid-west and northwest. The quality of life is great in Buffalo great sports, schools, restaurants, and best of all great people. I think most of us out of towners would move back if we could get similar jobs.