The Vikings are simply not smart...

LaDairis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfully disagree. A very good pass rusher is something that every team would love to have. Jared Allen is one of the top pass rushing DE's in the league. This was a risky move, no doubt, but one that I would have made as well. This guy is a proven pro bowl player and will get a lot of one on one matchups this year because of Kevin Williams and Pat Williams.

That remains to be seen. The "doubles" on the DEs are usually from TEs or FBs. KW requires doubles for sure, and gets them all the time. Allen had Hali on the other side last year and was not regularly double-teamed. This year, as of now, he has next to nothing. If the TE or back doesn't have to double on the other DE, then they can focus doubles on both KW and Allen with just six guys.

As for the "proven Pro Bowl" player, that's the Bob McAdoo analogy all over again. The guy cares about his own sack total a lot more than whether or not the team wins. Since so many morons disguised as "gurus" do as well, the guy is now filthy rich despite his character, a truly sad example of stat parroting trumping reality in an NFL FO.

"But, I get NOWHERE unless the team wins" Robert De Niro as Al Capone