If the Bills were smart...

Wasn't that the point of bringing in Stroud, Johnson and Mitchell? Perhaps I missed that one. The reason the Pats had trouble with the Giants' pass rush is because of the type of passing game on which they relied, and their blocking schemes in the SB just didn't work. Frankly, the Giants should have beaten them in the regular season too.

The fact is, a good pass rush is always a factor to winning games. However, the pass rush IS already going to be better with Stroud and Johnson coming in. Stroud and McCargo are the likely starters at DT, and both are very good players. McCargo really turned it on last season and he looks like he's ready to really have a monster year. Those two are going to demand respect in the middle, which will take those constant double teams off of Schobel and Kelsay, allowing them an opportunity to get the QB more often. I think Buffalo should take a DT or a DE in the draft, probably in the Fourth or Fifth round, but not in the first. We have other NEEDS that are bigger. That was my point.

Just to clarify, my draft would look like this.

1. Devin Thomas WR

2. Brandon Flowers CB or Calais Campbell DE

3. John Carlson TE

4. Mike Pollace C

4. Adrian Arrington WR

5. Andre Fluellen DT

6. Shawn Crable OLB (If available)

7. BPA

7. BPA

7. BPA

That being said, if Malcolm Kelly did fall to that spot in the second round, we should take him as well, for all the reasons I previously stated.

Yes, adding Stroud and Johnson, should, in theory, make the pass rush better. But make no mistake, We have no one the equal of Tuck, Strahan and Umenyura. Quite a difference, don't you think?

Yes, adding Stroud and Johnson, should, in theory, make the pass rush better. But make no mistake, We have no one the equal of Tuck, Strahan and Umenyura. Quite a difference, don't you think?

I tend to disagree. Strahan is at the end of a stellar career, no question, but he is old and tired and I don't even know that he is going to play much this year. I think Schobel, when he isn't double and triple teamed every play, per 2003-5, is as good as either of the other two. You can feel free to disagree, but that's my opinion, looking purely at their stats and performance. Kelsay is not in the same league. I'm not saying that the Bills shouldn't draft some D-Line talent in this draft, I just think that they are less of a needed quantity than a top WR and another good WR.

the point was that in a thread about getting 2 WR's in the draft, a stupid outburst about how bad Jaroun is or isn't was not warranted or wanted

the point of the thread was a joke about having 3 guys on offense named Kelly, Thomas, and Reed...those names sound a little familiar?

drafting kelly and thomas would not be a good idea, this team has bigger needs. And there is no way we would be able to get two of the top 5 receivers in the draft. Just a dumb idea

disagree. While I would like to add some pass rush. adding 2 big targets for trent would REALLY benefit him. we've had top 5 WORST offense in the league the last 5 years. time to change that