Why is everyone dogging on T. Vincent?

He had good coverage on that play. There were some other plays where his coverage was poor. There was also the play in the first quarter where the receiver was on the sideline, made the catch, and TV went towards the sideline for the tackle instead of cutting inside and forcing the guy outside.

It is only preseason though, so I'll withhold complete judgement until then. :rolleyes:

CW

For me the question was why was I watching Nate press his assignment on the bottom of the screen while Troy was playing 4-6 yards off his pretty consistently? I don't know if Gray had them set that way strategically or if it is merely an excercise of their authority to improvise according to the backfield play call.

For me the question was why was I watching Nate press his assignment on the bottom of the screen while Troy was playing 4-6 yards off his pretty consistently? I don't know if Gray had them set that way strategically or if it is merely an excercise of their authority to improvise according to the backfield play call.

4821[/snapback]

Interesting. Possibly a device to coerce the QB to throw the ball towards the CB with the better hands by playing off of the receiver while the other WR is pressed? Or, maybe JG is just playing the CBs according to their strengths?

Good observation.

4821[/snapback]

Calico is the biggest and fastest receiver on the Titans. He'll overtake Mason as Tennessee's #1 receiver this season.

Vincent was mis-matched, so they probably decided to move him off the ball to take away the deep stuff.

If this were a regular season game, Gray would have done more gameplanning to contain Calico.

Calico is the biggest and fastest receiver on the Titans.  He'll overtake Mason as Tennessee's #1 receiver this season.

Vincent was mis-matched, so they probably decided to move him off the ball to take away the deep stuff.

If this were a regular season game, Gray would have done more gameplanning to contain Calico.

4920[/snapback]

For the 2,292,289th time I remind people on this board that this is the NFL, not Madden. Calico has a boatload of potential and has shown flashes of it in games thus far. However, Mason has emerged as a true go-to guy in Tennessee and he will not be supplanted this year unless he gets hurt and TC REALLY steps up. Drew Bennett may have to watch out though.

Also, when you play the titnas, you don't gameplan their recievers, not even mason. The 1 and only guy you gameplan against on their Offense(and its been this way for years) is Steve McNair. Unfortunately most teams haven't been that effective at doing that the past few years.

Archived