We may be a small market but there is no reason to act small

I wonder how many other likeminded individuals obsess about the Bills and feel as if though they have no outlet to do anything to help prevent the potential of a Bills relocation besides buy season tickets and merchandise?

Some folks say we have no say.... others quickly dismiss and write you off. Yes, people with money sometimes win and that is usually the case. I, however, believe we can influence the outcome of this one, especially when dealing with a CANADIAN predator like Ted Rogers vs. the influence the United States Government has with the NFL.

Yes, big money supports the NFL but through proper revenue sharing channels - and all new management/ownership at One Bills Drive (if Ralph cannot make money in a market that spreads from Albany to Toronto - then it's time for internal change at One Bills Drive), there is absolutely no reason why the league cannot support both large and small market franchises alike. If Green Bay and New Orleans and the other bottom 5 small market franchises can remain in the league - so can the Buffalo Bills.

I would argue that its best to mobilize now -- to help keep the Bills in Buffalo, permanently - while they still play in Buffalo. Sitting back and doing nothing because you feel you cannot have an impact is your choice but do NOT criticize others for trying. But once they're gone -- it's over Bills fans!

If done tactfully and professionally, there are enough socio-political opportunities for a potential grass-roots organization to create such a political fuss, attract nationwide media, attract new dollars to the Buffalo Bills and possibility recruit additional ownership groups with long term commitments to keep the Bills local.

Here's what I propose:

1) Create a legit 501©(3) -- non-profit organization committed to Buffalo NY and the preservation of the Buffalo Bills franchise. This organization would be set up as THE outlet to get involved. We would collaborate with authorities, business organizations, and Buffalo friends and fans worldwide to create network and outlet to help secure the franchise in WNY.

We would look to use our contacts to attract corporate support from companies inside and outside WNY and Southern Ontario, international media support, push season ticket sales, sponsorships, and use donations to purchase all remaining season tickets to donate to charities and local hospitals and other non-profit organizations for fund raising needs. We would also provide an outlet for NY residents to put GREAT pressure on Albany to cut taxes and mandates that hold WNY back economically.

3) Attract local celebrities who support Buffalo (Russert, Goo Goo Dolls, Hollywood, etc.), former Bills/Sabres players with money and influence, to get involved, help attract media attention to Buffalo, NY and this mission. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_peopl...ffalo,_New_York http://www.hollywood.com/CelebPOBList/POB/...o,%20New%20York.)

4) I also propose that we collaborate and work with other small market teams. If the Bills move - which small market team is next? We have to encourage our politicians in Washington to continue to collaborate with other Congressmen/women and Senators to place continued pressure on the NFL to preserve small markets.

The bottom line is: the Bills are bigger than Buffalo. The Bills get support from all over the world. Either you live in Buffalo, an expat from Buffalo or a friend of Buffalo - this is such an easy passion for people to support and sell. Why not take advantage of all our resources, contacts, political connections, and the internet to create such a beast that not even the NFL can overcome. With five years left on the lease, we have SOME time but not that much time to mobilize and make our presence known.

We may be a small market but there is no reason to act small.

Last I heard the Bills were a private business, not a public utility.

But who knows, maybe a new "Fans Back the Bills" organization will make people feel better....sorta like chicken soup. Good luck getting the Boston chapter off the ground.

Last I heard the Bills were a private business, not a public utility.

But who knows, maybe a new "Fans Back the Bills" organization will make people feel better....sorta like chicken soup. Good luck.

Anything that help put pressure on Ralph & family to sell to a local owner vs. a Canadian/Out of town investor would help.