Final Season of The Shield

I post this from an e-mail newsletter I receive (apologies if this is repetitive):

THE LONG GOODBYE

Fans of The Shield will have to wait until the fall (at the earliest) to see how the epic tale of Vic Mackey and the rest of the Strike Team will come to an end. The exact date that the first of the final 13 episodes of The Shield will air has yet to be announced. Entertainment Weekly reports that airing the show opposite the Summer Olympics is a major concern on the part of FX. The Shield creator Shawn Ryan told EW: "I wish fans can see them now, but I gotta be a team player.” The writers’ strike kept Ryan from filming the finale, but he reportedly recently completed post-production work on the final three episodes.

Ugh, I thought early summer would be the start of the last season. Not so.

• 2 months later...

Update:

(I apologize if it's been posted already)

September 2nd will start the Final Season. From the FX Newsletter:

THE FINAL SEASON DEBUTS SEPT. 2

The final act of The Shield will debut Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 10 p.m. (eastern). Check out www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield for a series of video interviews with the cast as they reminisce about the past seven season’s of the groundbreaking series.

CLAUDETTE’S NEW SERIES

CCH Pounder has landed a starring role in the supernatural drama Warehouse 13 on the Sci-Fi Channel. Her character reportedly leads a secret government organization. Pounder also filmed a pilot series for CBS about a team of newspaper reporters, but the network did not pick it up.

Less than three months away and only a few days before the Bills kick off their season.

• 2 months later...