Anybody ever been to the Kentucky Derby?

Stl Bills

I was wondering if anybody had ever been to the Derby, me and some friends want to go party in the infield that weekend. Anybody been? How much are infield tickets and how easy are they to get? Thanks in advance to those who respond. <_<

I went in 99 or so, was on the infield and it was a great time. Not nearly as wild as preakness (you can't bring in your own booze,have to buy it) but there was still a little bit of wildness to it. Just as good as the derby is the atmosphere in the city. The city has a great vibe on Thurs-Fri-Saturday night, bars are packed, people having fun.

Definitely go if you can.

(don't think infield tickets are that hard to come by)

I second everything gmac said. I've done both Preakness and Derby. Preakness is completely shiitshow with the BYOB policy. The infield at Derby wasn't as raucous, but it was still a great time. I would highly recommend it. I also agree about the bar scene. Friday night was a blast....Saturday night I don't remember.

I'd like to go back to Derby one year when I got a little more dough to spend and sit amongst high society. Can't go wrong with thousands of classy Southern Belles in sundresses.

I was wondering if anybody had ever been to the Derby, me and some friends want to go party in the infield that weekend. Anybody been? How much are infield tickets and how easy are they to get? Thanks in advance to those who respond. :D

I live in Louisville and have been several times, but haven't been in almost 10 years (married with kids now). You can't bring your own alcohol, but it used to be pretty easy to sneak it in. The third turn was where most of the excessive drinking, partying, and nakedness used to take place. I believe tickets for the infield are usually about $40.