Garrard signs seven-year, $60 million contract with Jags

If Garrard stays healthy and plays THAT well over a full season, i'll give him his props and say he was worth the 60 mil. But currently, he's not worth 60 mil to me. I simply dont trust him to actually go out and win a game. He can not lose it, and he fits jacksonville's system excellently. But he's not worth 60 million.

I think the bold part is where we disagree. I think its a great deal for Jacksonville, because he's Jacksonville's perfect quarterback (and I do think he can win them a game or two, but it won't be a come from a huge deficit style win - it'll be one where he has a couple clutch throws in 2 minutes left).

didnt he already make a bunch of clutch plays to lead the jags in a victory over the Steelers in the playoffs?!?!?

he wasnt the guy that ran for it on 4th and long and sealed the victory?

oh wait, yes he was

He was aided by a hold on that 4th down paly. James Harrison was clearly held but I do like him as a QB.

If Garrard stays healthy and plays THAT well over a full season, i'll give him his props and say he was worth the 60 mil. But currently, he's not worth 60 mil to me. I simply dont trust him to actually go out and win a game. He can not lose it, and he fits jacksonville's system excellently. But he's not worth 60 million.

you see him at pittsburg in the playoffs?

that's much much more than a game managing qb, he also put up a good effort at NE.

he's a good qb.