One man's Bills mock draft

It's pretty well impossible to predict trades with even remote accuracy, so I'm doing this as a "no-trades" mock.

Having said that, I do hope that we trade down with the Vikings or Cowboys and pick up an extra 2nd and 4th. And then bundle our 4ths to move into the bottom of the 2nd for a total of 3 round 2 picks! I'm getting carried away now, but that would be sweet.

The Bills have shown their not afraid to "reach" for the guy they want.

Now then, on to my "no-trade" mock!

Round 1, Pick 11: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma - I watched some game tape of him and came away with this; a) he's big, b) he has GREAT hands, c) he's tough over the middle. In order for this choice to happen this guy needs to weigh 220-230lbs on April 9 and run 4.5-4.6, while getting clearance from team doctors that his knees/legs are fine.

Round 2, Pick 41: Fred Davis, TE, USC - Great receiver who finally gives us a legitimate threat from the TE position. He played at a big-time school that turns out a lot of pros. And let's face it, Trent is really good at locating the TE and needs one better than Royal.

Round 3, Pick 72: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech - Solid CB who played on a great defence, some character concerns apparently. I could go with Godfrey, the CB from Iowa, here too.

Round 4, Pick 114: Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest - One of the better C available this year. Should at least push Fowler in Camp.

Round 4, Pick 132: Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama - High motor guy, played for D-mastermind Saban, productive guy: 10 sacks his senior year.

Round 5, Pick 147: Owen Schmitt, FB, West Virginia - Big, strong, mean FB who will hammer people as a lead blocker in our new Offence.

In defence of my mock (from all you haters, lol), I want us to go Offence in the top of the draft OK?

Our D was not as bad as it was ranked, our O was. The D got off the field, but the O with its three and outs put it back on.

Do NOT underestimate how much the Bills beleive in Trent. They will surround him with weapons and give him every opportunity to succeed.

And yes I can see us going CB or DE in round one but it's not likely IMO. We gotta keep Lee happy so he'll re-sign. He needs to see promise and that we're building something here. And that we're committed to making the Offence better and taking pressure off him.

P.S. Bills for the Wildcard Playoff spot in 2008, and Stroud and Whitner for Pro Bowl in 2008.

I like it well enough.

In an ideal world, I think WR-TE is the way to go, but I'm still not 100% sold on the first group of WRs. Still, I'd be on board if the Bills selected Kelly at 11. I like Bennett better at 41, but I have no problems at all with Davis. A few may whine about his Pro Day, but watching him on the field this past season, he looks like he can play to me.

Flowers will probably go a round earlier, but I think there should still be a few good CB prospects left on the board here, possibly even into R4.

C? No thanks. All of these guys look like Melvin Fowler clones to me.

I don't think Gilberry has enough speed off the edge to fit this defense.

I'm not real high on picking a blocking FB in R4. That said, the first blocking FB usually does go in R4, so if the Bills want one that badly, this pick might make sense.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

bills red, who would you say is the best option at WR. I watched a good chunk of Kelly playing, and I think his height and hands are advantage enough over a CB. I see him as a possession receiver and red zone target who will free up Lee and open up the passing game.

As for Flowers, he could go in round two for sure, but I'm not as high on him as others. I think that McKelvin, Cromartie, Jenkins, Talib, Lee, and Cason will all go before him.

1. Kelly can't separate from CB

2. Davis is a okay pick, I'm not to high on any TE this year

3. No way he last to 72

4. No C in this draft is a better run block then Fowler

4. Don't know much about him

5. He'll go higher

Kelly is a very solid receiver. We wouldn't be asking him to "separate" on long down the field routes. We would be sending him over the middle to get jump balls. That being said, I prefer Devin Thomas.

Davis is the best receiving TE in the draft, which is what we are looking for at the position. Royal can block. I don't care about that. The team needs a receiving threat at TE and both Fred and Kellen Davis provide that. Both would be good and should last to out pick in the 2nd.

Flowers won't be there in the third round, though there are some issues that may cause his stock to fall. Ko Simpson wasn't supposed to fall to the Fourth Round either. That being said, I think we still take a CB here.

There is a better run blocking center in the draft who doesn't get pushed off the ball, and his name is Mike Pollack. I think the Bills draft him here as opposed to Justice. Pollack could also be our third round pick. Don't be suprised if they also take Lichensteiger in the later rounds, or Spanos from USC.

Flip Four and Five. I think Buffalo takes Schmidt when they see him there in the Fourth. He is the best blocking fullback in the draft in the last four or five years and Buffalo would love to have him in that role.

I like the Gilberry pick. The guy was solid for Alabama on a good squad this year. He will surprise and is a good option later in the season to spell Kelsay or cover for Denney if he gets injured again.

All around I like the mock and both agree and disagree with the succinct analysis above.