good (but long) article on cap management

nodnarb

I know many love to say the Pats are the best organization, but if anyone clearly looks at the whole picture, the Eagles are easily the best.

They've been the most consistent team in the 2000's with regard to their on field performance. Their lowest win total in the regular season in the 2000's is 11 wins, their most....12 wins. Pretty consistent and pretty damn good!

They are in such great cap shape, unlike the pats who are always near being capped out, and having to do many restructures of contracts every year just to make the cap number.

After several frustrating years with a weak WR corp, the Eagles make a big trade and bring in T.O, a guy that has been known to be a problem sometimes, but has been great this year, but all the attention seems to go to the Pats for a similar disgruntled player (C. Dillon) that is a great talent at a position that the pats have been frustrated with.

A Pet peeve: Last year while the Pats were decimated with injuries, and kept on winning they got a lot of attention as to how deep they are and how good of a team the really are (and THEY ARE) but why wasn't the Eagles given the same kind of props with just as many of injuries, a QB struggling at the start of the season, with all of that, the Eagles once again pulled it together to win 12 of their last 14 regular season games.

I know the Pats have the Bling bling, but for overall organization, the Eagles are the leader of the NFL for the many reasons that I've outlined, it's not even close.

I see many of the same philosophies with the Bills. People get pissed that Buffalo does't often make a huge splash in FA, or have huge names at all positions. I think everyone can agree that having the biggest names is not important. Having a plan is. Redskins are an example of how NOT to run a team. They will continue to suck as long as they have an idiot impulsive owner.

Of course, it is taking a while to pay off for us, but over the long term I don't think we'll see many of those huge purges that we saw during the Butler years and right after.