A position that has rarely been mention for our 1st rounder

To those following this year's draft more closely than I: what are the possibilities a safety gets picked as high as #11 this year?

-There have been some rumors of the Bills considering finding a new strong safety and moving Whitner to free safety. Ko is young, unproven and coming off a big injury. Therefore, we could possibly be open to drafting either safety position.

-Its well-documented that the safety position is more emphasized in the Cover/Tampa 2 than in other systems.

-We now have 3 rock solid cornerbacks, plus a youngster with upside, 2 of which have pretty good size. I can't see us going corner unless the braintrust is absolutely in love with somebody.

I'd be open to getting a playmaker roaming around back there. With our zone scheme hopefully benefitting from an improved pass rush, quality safeties could have opportunities to snag some turnovers. This team has eliminated most of it's truly dire needs. WRs can be had in the 2nd round. My first choice is currently DE Derrick Harvey, but safety is another intriguing possibility. How does this year's draft class look?

Kenny Phillips form Miami is the top rated Safety on almost every board. He is almost sure to be there at 11. He has a rare combination of size speed much like the great sean taylor had. Problem with drafting him at 11 is that it would be considered a reach by most analysts, and organizations. I agree that we are set a cb unless they get enamored with somebody. DRC? I like Harvey.

Currently my choice is James Hardy who is also a reach but won't last past 25. Unless Kelly runs 4.3something, he is my guy. I agree that wr can be had in rd 2 I just think that WR and TE need to be taken first. I wouldn't be against taking 2 of each position if somebody worth while fell to rd 3-5. I just have a feeling that until we get some talent on offense this team has no chance. Nothing short of Vernon Gohlston could help our D as much as Any one of the top 4 wr. All 4 will be gone by rd 2! Then we settle on a dynamic talent that is 5-10 185 lbs again.