Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas

gantrules

27 and still hooked on video games.

69716[/snapback]

27? I'm freaking 37 and still playing video games. I only play madden and GTA, though.

I even contemplated getting a custom Bills jersey with the name of my Madden Franchise-mode QB. Would that be gay? I don't me gay in a homosexual way, but gay in a "That's pretty gay, man" way.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

$50 a year is exactly $50 more than what I pay to play on PS2. And as far as connection speed? If someone is dumb enough to try on dial up, the system makes you aware of that, and no one plays against them. And you can also use headsets. I own both systems, but only play PS2 online. My friends has an XBOX and plays SoCom online. Sweet game, but he had to pay $50 to play online. Sure, its only $50, but still, its $50 you shouldnt have to spend.

Like I said, I think overall, XBox has a slight edge, but there are negatives to both, XBox's being having to pay for "XBox Live".

69803[/snapback]

Apparantly you'd rather pay that $50 on memory cards...

CW

Personally I don't have a problem paying for it.  Keeps out the riff raff.

69811[/snapback]

Agreed. Having centralized servers keep track of stats and such is nice as well. Being able to send IMs to people on XBL, talk with them even when they're not playing a game, and challenge them to various games even if they're playing a different game is also nice.

Not sure if PS2 has any of those options or not, but they add a lot for me. And as stated above, better than paying the money for memory cards.

If only there were a controller adapter so I could use my Xbox controller on PS2. :(

CW

I even contemplated getting a custom Bills jersey with the name of my Madden Franchise-mode QB. Would that be gay? I don't me gay in a homosexual way, but gay in a "That's pretty gay, man" way.

---------------------------

Whatever floats your boat......But, that could be a good marketing tool for EA.

27?  I'm freaking 37 and still playing video games.  I only play madden and GTA, though.

I even contemplated getting a custom Bills jersey with the name of my Madden Franchise-mode QB.  Would that be gay?  I don't me gay in a homosexual way, but gay in a "That's pretty gay, man" way.

69805[/snapback]

If it's some made-up name that you drafted, then yes, that would be pretty gay.

Just popped it in for the first time last night.  Amateur was ridiculously easy.  I won 14-1.  I bumped up the difficulty to Pro, but only managed 1 goal in two games.  I guess I need to practice.

69768[/snapback]

Yeh, I didn't even bother w/ amateur when i first played it. Played a couple of decent games on pro though.

My problem with sports games that aren't football is that the seasons are so long, it's not a challenge anymore by the time I get to the playoffs. I don't feel right about changing difficulty settings midseason for some reason. Maybe i'll play on all-star and take my lumps for the first 20 games or so.

69817[/snapback]

Dude that's hilarious. You should really do that. You'll be my hero.

Dude that's hilarious.  You should really do that.  You'll be my hero.

69829[/snapback]

John Sedbury. He's a total stud.

I even burned a pick on him during my Fanasy league draft. "And with my last pick, I'll take John Sedbury, quarterback of the Buffalo Bills." The rest of the dudes were like, "Who? What the hells are you talking about."

---------------------------

Whatever floats your boat......But, that could be a good marketing tool for EA.

69817[/snapback]

I guess it all depends, I once had a franchise qb named Bob Elway (I'm not making this up), now that would look pretty dumb on a Bills jersey.

I even contemplated getting a custom Bills jersey with the name of my Madden Franchise-mode QB.  Would that be gay?  I don't me gay in a homosexual way, but gay in a "That's pretty gay, man" way.

69805[/snapback]

You are a TOOL

graphics better? most likely?

game better? how?

I wouldnt wait a year if i didnt have PS2. I would buy PS2. THe game is that sweet.

69759[/snapback]

Higher resolution including wide screen HD support, faster load times, and like GTA III/VC, they fix things like shoddy collision detection, graphical tearing, etc...

I had GTA III on PS2, and trust me, it looks (and plays) much better on the xbox version.

$50 a year is exactly $50 more than what I pay to play on PS2. And as far as connection speed? If someone is dumb enough to try on dial up, the system makes you aware of that, and no one plays against them. And you can also use headsets. I own both systems, but only play PS2 online. My friends has an XBOX and plays SoCom online. Sweet game, but he had to pay $50 to play online. Sure, its only $50, but still, its $50 you shouldnt have to spend.

Like I said, I think overall, XBox has a slight edge, but there are negatives to both, XBox's being having to pay for "XBox Live".

69803[/snapback]

Socom is a PS2 game(free) and the most popular online game out for PS2....Did you mean Halo..?

Higher resolution including wide screen HD support, faster load times, and like GTA III/VC, they fix things like shoddy collision detection, graphical tearing, etc...

I had GTA III on PS2, and trust me, it looks (and plays) much better on the xbox version.

70116[/snapback]

No doubt it looks better. But saying it plays better is just wrong.

Except for LOAD times, there is no difference. I own both systems. Believe me, it wont be worth the wait.

The only people that say it IS worth the wait are those that only own an XBox.

By the time is comes out for XBox, the XBox 2's will be ready to ship, and no one wil want it anyway. While you guys wait, I'll be having fun playing it.

That's the bottom line.

well... i work at gamestop on military in NF... and just like this board everyone seems to be torn on the xbox / ps2 differences. Heres my opinion and the general opinion of everyone at gamestop and my customers. Both systems have their strengths and weaknesses, obviously the HD and the better graphics and loading speeds on the xbox, but still lacks the massive title selection PS2 has to offer. As with games like GTA : SA for the xbox they take that much longer to be developed because the graphics are better, its a much more advanced processing system on the xbox, and microsoft always wants to put out a better product, no matter how long it takes. ( As a side note for GTA its actually 7 times as big as Vice City, it takes place in a whole state! And if you havent yet, if you really want this game when it comes out please go to your local gamestop, or come see me on military and reserve it, or else you wont get it. :lol: ) Now with PS2, you get a wider variety of games, and free online play which is nice. But it lacks the same graphics capalities the xbox has, and you need to buy memory cards which have limitied space, especially if you have a NHL or Madden franchise. As for the person who asked about ESPN Hockey, this game dominates NHL 05 in every aspect. I play my franchise mode on Hall of Famer with the goalies skill all the way up and the franchise difficulty all the way up, and i started the season 0-12 :( but im back up to 7-13 now. So to simplify my argument

XBox = First person shooters / Sports games / Online if you can afford it

PS2 = RPG's / Wider Variety / Free Online Capablitites

It all just comes down to what you prefer. Sorry if this was too in-depth.... but it is my job after all.

27?  I'm freaking 37 and still playing video games.  I only play madden and GTA, though.

69805[/snapback]

no that most certainly would not be gay. I love video games, they're a great hobby. And that would be cool. If I did that, the name on the back of my jersey would be "strongcock"

no that most certainly would not be gay. I love video games, they're a great hobby. And that would be cool. If I did that, the name on the back of my jersey would be "strongcock"

70162[/snapback]

YEAH DUDE?

Would he be 5'4, 425 pounds of pure lightning speed?