If Doug Flutie had started that game...

Because Flutie played so well in that game. I mean he really lit Miami up. And the Dolphins had one of the best secondary's in the NFL that year. I remember not wanting to play Miami.

But, yes, he also played poorly. He threw a lot of balls that should have been intercepted. He got sacked a lot and he fumbled a couple times that the Bills were able to recover.

Those two statements describe Flutie's playing ability, and his entire Bills career. He had a kind of Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde persona.

In one drive, Flutie could scamper 15 yards on an amazing run to keep the chains moving, and then three plays later throw a pick into triple coverage while Reed (or another WR) was standing along the left side of the field WIDE OPEN. :thumbsup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills turned the ball over, what ..5 times? Moulds is responsible for one, Flutie is responsible for three, but it was Moulds fault?

Moulds commits his 'mistake' on the very first Bills offensive play (clue: games are 60 minutes long), and Flutie commits his most serious 'mistake' as the Bills last offensive play, yet it was Moulds fault?

5 turnovers, and only 2 touchdowns.

I would venture to say turnovers had a real big impact on that game. Not just the amount of picks, but the timing of them as well.

The reason people still talk about Flutie is because people like you are continually looking back at 'those days', and coming to the conclusion Flutie's :P didn't stink.

I hate to break it to you, but Flutie and his :thumbsup: both STUNK!!

The Moulds fumble was seven points off the board, that's different from the interceptions. Flutie won't go away because the bills continue to suck, not because Flutie sucked. I want him to be ancient history as much as you. I am waiting for someone to take him out of the conversation, yet here we are again.

As for the Music City BS, my only feeling on that is that Flutie deserved to start the game based on the regular season record. If he choked, then pull him, but he earned the start.

The Moulds fumble was seven points off the board, that's different from the interceptions.

A turnover is a turnover. The end result is the same thing: zero points scored by the offense.

Moulds had 1 turnover, Flutie had 3.

In terms of negative impact, "If Moulds did not fumble ..." is surpassed by "If Flutie stopped giving the damn ball away ..."

Flutie won't go away because the bills continue to suck, not because Flutie sucked.

Can I then assume you think a 1 touchdown / 3 turnover playoff performance is "amazing"?