Another BIG day for the Sabres

stevestojan

Big win last night brought us to within 2 of Philly and 3 of Boston.

Boston plays today, as is up 1-0.

We should really be looking at Boston as we play them twice in these last 10 games. . .

EDIT: Just realized Boston is playing Philly (sorry, I'm a bit slow today... rough night). So, really there is no terrible outcome in this game. A tie would suck I guess

So, really there is no terrible outcome in this game. A tie would suck I guess

And that's just what happened. Boston won in OT. :thumbsup:

I *really* don't like teams getting a point for an OTL. I also don't like the shootout. If you don't want ties, make the OT longer or don't let it end in a tie. Getting 3 points out of 1 game is pretty stupid, IMHO.

That said, we'll be within a point of Philly if we can win against the surging Leafs tonight. They're 7-2-1 in their last 10. :thumbsup:

And that's just what happened. Boston won in OT. :thumbsup:

I *really* don't like teams getting a point for an OTL. I also don't like the shootout. If you don't want ties, make the OT longer or don't let it end in a tie. Getting 3 points out of 1 game is pretty stupid, IMHO.

That said, we'll be within a point of Philly if we can win against the surging Leafs tonight. They're 7-2-1 in their last 10. :thumbsup:

We have 11 of our points that way, so I really can't complain, but it seems everything is going against the Sabres lately.

We have 11 of our points that way, so I really can't complain, but it seems everything is going against the Sabres lately.

True - but how many teams above us have more points because they beat us in a SO? :thumbsup: I don't mind a tie -- I just don't think a game should be worth more than 2 points total.

Just in case anyone else still cares, Philly got CRUSHED today, which means we are still only one point back after last night's win. What's bull sh-- is that Carolina is in third place in the conference, but only two points ahead of the Sabres... (because they are leading their division.