Kelly vs Sweed

Kelly is a well rounded, big, WR who gets open due to his size and height rather than speed.

Sweed is a WR who has size and height but relys on finesse, and route running to get open. Sweed also is lanky in the lower body and has a penchant for getting inured.

I would be happy with either but Kelly is the better player IMO.

These answers don't jive. Players who rely on athletic ability in college to get open have to be ungodly athletes (Randy Moss) to succeed in the NFL. There are way more successful WRs who have fewer measurables but run good routes and find holes in zones (Jerry Rice).

Route running is a VERY underrated part of the WR position. IMO, it''s the biggest point of difference between most WRs. They all run reasonably fast, most of them catch well, they're all about the same size. Precise routes and understanding zone coverage make big differences.

Sweed was hurt last yr. Kelly had 15 -20 drops last year,says Mayock. Showed some easy catches dropped around traffic . Maylock likes Sweed Better, but Kelley is a cold weather receiver. ;)

I personally think the question should Devin Thomas or who else at #11? I honestly believe he will be gone in the first round with a good chance he is the #1 WR on many team's baords. If someone the Bills could trade dow 3-5 picks and still get him and then trade back into the first to get A. Cason I think we would have an awesome WR with the potential to be a #1 (1a or 1b for us) in 3 years and an impact #2 thi year and the best fit at CB for the Bills in the draft.

What more could you want besides that and a TE in our remaining 3rd round pick and depth picks in our last 5 picks (4, 5, 6, 7, 7)???

Here's a little fun for you. We picked two WRs in the same draft. One guy was 6'4 205 lbs and was pretty fast (I don't remember exactly what time). The other guy was 6'2" 190 lbs and relatively slow. See if you can guess who was who then tell me who was better.

I'll bite....

Was the year 1985? When we drafted Chris Burkett in the 2nd round and Andre Reed in the 4th.

Yes, Reed was the much better receiver as we all know.

Possibly to your point - I really like Devin Thomas. I hope everyone doesn't start 50 threads about how we reached when we draft him at #11. I think they will try to trade down but it's not that easy to get the value.

Guest dog14787

I must be missing something here, after watching all the highlights I can find, I fail to see Sweed even coming close to the big play of Malcom Kelly. Everyone should take a good look at both of them on film , Kelly leaves a lasting impression and in my opinion will become a superstar in the NFL. Sweed I'm not so sure, I just don't see the same intensity and attitude. ;)

See, I don't think you ever really TRY to move down, you just entertain offers.... unless your perhaps in the top 3-4 spots....

I think it is more you HOPE someone wants to move up!

OK, point taken. But I think my point is that you do "try" to move down if you are looking for extra picks.

For example, if the Bills felt as I do that the impact players are to be had in the first three rounds...and if we have 4 spots (WR, CB, TE, C) where we want to pick up an impact player, then personally I'd like to have 4 picks in the first three rounds (like we used to have before the Stroud trade) even if it means picking a little later in the 1st. Especially since the players I am considering are pretty much guaranteed to be there 5 or so picks later than we pick.

So, yes, if I were GM, I would be "trying" to move down. But just like the B. Johnson stand off, I wouldn't blink if no one was offering me a fair deal, and would just go ahead and pick the player I want - which this year would be Devin Thomas. And just like when we picked Lee, Marshawn and Donte, all of the "draft experts" would cry out that we reached.

OK fair enough....

I think we should maybe try to work a deal with a team that has several picks in the top 2 rounds and see if we can work a deal (With maybe QB for QB in it) where we swap first rounders and pick up another pick or three in the 1-4 rounds or something similar.... To be honest, I'd be willing to trade right out of the 1st round all together for enough 2's and 3's :thumbsup: