Do You think Winner of debates matters?

spidey

Do you think people who are the undecided or not so far to one side or another that would consider voting for who they believe is best to lead country, represent their district, lead their state, be a senator, are influenced by who WON the debates?

Do you think people who are the undecided or not so far to one side or another that would consider voting for who they believe is best to lead country, represent their district, lead their state, be a senator, are influenced by who WON the debates?

69311[/snapback]

It may matter in an election this close. We'll probably never know how much, especially since the actual vote is more than a coffee warmup away from this final debate. We don't have the longest attention span in the world.

Bush had a 6 point lead before the debate. Now it is dead even. These debates mattered.

Unless something big happens in the next two weeks this election is going to be very, very close. I'm anticipating a great deal of controversy. Did anyone see what happened when they tested the new electronic voting machines? The computers Rosened. I can't understand how you can have electronic voting without a paper record.

There have been reports that thousands of democratic voter registration forms have been thrown out by a republican voter registration group. I don't have a link and I can't confirm this. I am only pointing out that people have already started to question the result of this election.

If this election goes to the supreme court again people are going to freak out. Can you imagine a president being elected twice by a supreme court decision. Stay tuned.

Bush had a 6 point lead before the debate. Now it is dead even. These debates mattered.

Unless something big happens in the next two weeks this election is going to be very, very close. I'm anticipating a great deal of controversy. Did anyone see what happened when they tested the new electronic voting machines? The computers Rosened. I can't understand how you can have electronic voting without a paper record.

There have been reports that thousands of democratic voter registration forms have been thrown out by a republican voter registration group. I don't have a link and I can't confirm this. I am only pointing out that people have already started to question the result of this election.

If this election goes to the supreme court again people are going to freak out. Can you imagine a president being elected twice by a supreme court decision. Stay tuned.

69609[/snapback]

Actually Maryland tested theirs yesterday and they worked great. There was a 2 vote discrepancy with the manual vote count and it turned out on recount that the manual counters were wrong and computers were right.

69311[/snapback]

Sadly, yes. The debates matter. I think that's the only way to explain the strong swing in the polls over the last three weeks.

For me, the debates (for lack of a better term), mean nothing. I would definitely be more interested in a real debate, where the people asked the non-screened questions and the candidates really got put on the spot. Even with that though, skill at debating does not necessarily correspond to success as a president.