Andre a Texan

No link, but they signed Davis, saw it on the bottom line on ESPN.

Shame, he was a great ST player.

We shouldn't miss a beat in that department as Shaud Williams is also dynamite on coverage teams. He didn't get much of an opportunity last year (one of my disappointments with this staff) but in the past he has excelled in the role and if the current coaches do what they should he is likley to be nearly as effective as Davis was.

Eh. I'll miss him. He was a better player then I gave him credit for. Even though he didn't get the role that he wanted (2/3rd WR) he busted his butt when he did get on the field (primarily special teams) and I think he did a good job there. He was frequently the first guy down, and disrupted the return and often made the tackle as well.

I'll miss him more than Willis.

Eh. I'll miss him. He was a better player then I gave him credit for. Even though he didn't get the role that he wanted (2/3rd WR) he busted his butt when he did get on the field (primarily special teams) and I think he did a good job there. He was frequently the first guy down, and disrupted the return and often made the tackle as well.

I'll miss him more than Willis.

I was happy with his special teams contributions also.

I have to admit- coming out of college I thought he would be a much better WR in the NFL.

Good luck Andre....we hardly knew ye.

We shouldn't miss a beat in that department as Shaud Williams is also dynamite on coverage teams. He didn't get much of an opportunity last year (one of my disappointments with this staff) but in the past he has excelled in the role and if the current coaches do what they should he is likley to be nearly as effective as Davis was.

2 carries from scrimmage last season IIRC. As you imply, there's value in getting the back-up RBs into the swing of things when the situation presents.

How long was Shaud out last year? It seemed like a hell of a long time...