Finally broke down and bought WoW

/dev/null

So what's a good server?

And who wants to PL me? :unsure:

Haha. I'm not going to PL you, but I play a horde char on Lethon if you want to roll horde there. Might not be a bad realm to start out on, as its a low pop server so you won't be harassed too much as you're learning the game.

Haha. I'm not going to PL you, but I play a horde char on Lethon if you want to roll horde there. Might not be a bad realm to start out on, as its a low pop server so you won't be harassed too much as you're learning the game.

PL'ing aside, do you have any low chars there? Looking more for a couple people to group up with.

I started out on another server because someone from work played there. But he's high level and doesn't want to slum with a noob

PL'ing aside, do you have any low chars there? Looking more for a couple people to group up with.

I started out on another server because someone from work played there. But he's high level and doesn't want to slum with a noob

Ah. Nah, I don't have any lower level chars right now. Should have caught me back in January, when I started my current char. :unsure:

I hate grouping in WoW tho, I much prefer to solo level. Most people tend to be really slow about it, though it is fun when you find like 1 other person who you can run around with efficiently.

I hate grouping in WoW tho, I much prefer to solo level.

That was another reason I had for quitting it when I first tried it a while back. Back in the EQ days, you would get a gang of 4 - 6 people together and go crawl through a zone smashing baddies. Everyone had their role and it was very "scientific." It doesn't seem that anyone cares about putting much thought into that when playing WoW.

Everyone choses to solo. It seems to me that the major draw to an MMORPG is the 'MMO' portion. What's the point of playing an MMO if it's going to be treated as a fancy single player game?

When I play games like this, it's all about grouping and taking down bigger baddies.

That was another reason I had for quitting it when I first tried it a while back. Back in the EQ days, you would get a gang of 4 - 6 people together and go crawl through a zone smashing baddies. Everyone had their role and it was very "scientific." It doesn't seem that anyone cares about putting much thought into that when playing WoW.

Everyone choses to solo. It seems to me that the major draw to an MMORPG is the 'MMO' portion. What's the point of playing an MMO if it's going to be treated as a fancy single player game?

When I play games like this, it's all about grouping and taking down bigger baddies.

For me, its about group PvP. Its like a non-FPS TFC.

For me, its about group PvP. Its like a non-FPS TFC.

Yeah, that makes sense I guess. I just miss that good old EQ addiction, that's all. One. More. Kill. One. More. Bubble.

Yeah, that makes sense I guess. I just miss that good old EQ addiction, that's all. One. More. Kill. One. More. Bubble.

Oh, WoW can be like that at times, and there is a whole group up and raid for hours aspect to it if you want when you hit 70, but I much prefer the PvP side to the game than the "run x instance over and over for gear" side. The end game content is all 25-man raids or PvP, which ever you want (it used to be 40 man but those got to be too much like tank and spank).

So says the man posting on an internet message board at 10pm on a Friday nite :unsure:

touche... this semester is kickin my ass, rite now i am doing complex analysis problems :ph34r: But FWIW I did have dinner w/ a lady friend tonite :wallbash:

rite now i am doing complex analysis problems :ph34r: But FWIW I did have dinner w/ a lady friend tonite :wallbash:

complex analysis? You mean like sitting around trying to figure how you could have gotten the lady friend to come over for desert :unsure:

complex analysis? You mean like sitting around trying to figure how you could have gotten the lady friend to come over for desert :unsure:

:wallbash: nah upper level math stuff that blows Holcomb's Arm's math out of the water. I have a big project due tuesday and my semester gets much easier after that so i am getting a good chunk done tonite so i can go out w/ the same gal again tomorrow. Besides couldn't get her home tonite she had to work at 10, but it didn't mean i didn't try to convince her to have someone else cover the shift. :ph34r: