Asante Samuel??

So i guess Asante is going to be requesting a trade here pretty soon from the Patriots as im sure most of you have seen. Not quite sure what kind of compensation the Patriots would be asking for him(assuming they would even be willing to deal him to the bills). If they were willing I would have to guess they would want 2-3rd round compensation. Again i know the odds of this are slim to nil but the pats have been known to deal within the division in the past.

Asante probably wouldn't be as needy as nate too.. he would sign for something more reasonable. like 6 yrs 48 mil. just a guess.

So i guess Asante is going to be requesting a trade here pretty soon from the Patriots as im sure most of you have seen. Not quite sure what kind of compensation the Patriots would be asking for him(assuming they would even be willing to deal him to the bills). If they were willing I would have to guess they would want 2-3rd round compensation. Again i know the odds of this are slim to nil but the pats have been known to deal within the division in the past.

Asante probably wouldn't be as needy as nate too.. he would sign for something more reasonable. like 6 yrs 48 mil. just a guess.

File this thread under the "wishful thinking" category.

What are on? He would demand & command more than Nate......... Certainly not less! :w00t:

Um are you talking about resigning him this year? No offense but we dont have the cash. Now that I think about it that sorta lets Turner out to a new contract. Great, now I have depressed myself.

:w00t:

Um are you talking about resigning him this year? No offense but we dont have the cash.

:w00t:

i dont know that i understand what your saying???

but of course this whole scenerio is a long shot and thats what i initially stated.. but ya never know.. if he gets traded then no matter what it will benefit buffalo.... that would free up Lee Evans more when we play the pats.

What are on? He would demand & command more than Nate......... Certainly not less! :w00t:

Okay here.. im 100 PERCENT positive that he Wont get Nate Clements money and here is why..... ITS TOO LATE IN FREE AGENCY..... NO TEAMS HAVE THE CAP SPACE TO SIGN AN 80 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL!!!! EVEN THE TEAMS LIKE THE BILLS AND VIKINGS THAT HAVE AROUND 20 MIL TO SPEND WORTH OF CAP ROOM AREN'T GOING TO SPEND THAT MUCH IN TERMS OF DOLLARS.. so that leads me to my next question.. what are you on?

i dont know that i understand what your saying???

but of course this whole scenerio is a long shot and thats what i initially stated.. but ya never know.. if he gets traded then no matter what it will benefit buffalo.... that would free up Lee Evans more when we play the pats.

Oh I am talking about the cash to cap philosophy. Basically, we can only spend about 12 million total for any new people this year IF they hold to that and after we sign the draft picks that will leave a few million tops to sign other people.

Mind you if the right deal was struck (Turner) I can see us doing a deal that blows that philosophy out of the water. At least I pray so. Oh but I dont see a top tier CB being our biggest need so I doubt they would chunk it for Asante. I assume this is his last year under contract?

Oh I am talking about the cash to cap philosophy. Basically, we can only spend about 12 million total for any new people this year IF they hold to that and after we sign the draft picks that will leave a few million tops to sign other people.

Mind you if the right deal was struck (Turner) I can see us doing a deal that blows that philosophy out of the water. At least I pray so. Oh but I dont see a top tier CB being our biggest need so I doubt they would chunk it for Asante. I assume this is his last year under contract?

ahh now its all very clear to me..

and yes last year was asantes last year under contract and this off season the pats slapped his ass with the big old Franchise Tag (basically the same exact thing the bills did last year to nate). this basically means he is a pat for one more year making around 7-8 million.. he wants a long term deal laid out for him thus trade requests./demands

Correct me if I'm wrong but this guy doesn't not play the run with abandon like Nate did so I don't see him as his equal.

Let him sit and stew and whine in NE. The more off-field issues and distractions for the Patriots, the better.

This is the Patriots we're talking about. They'll get whatever they're asking for, come out squeaky clean in the end with plenty of stockpiled draft picks next year.

Is there really any doubt?

The Cover 2 we use emphasizes certain positions as being most critical to good performance by the D and also certain styles of play by particular players.

Like any NFL D it is a coordinated style of play and thus a certain level of play is needed from all positions. If your team has a stiff at one or two positions your team will get burned.

However, a position like MLB is very important to this D and must be well played with good reads or the D likely will fail, the CB position however is the place where you get the most clear cut man to man performance and also in a relatively small field of play as the CB generally lets the receiver go after 10-15 yards for deep coverage by the safety on that side of the field.

A less than stellar CB can play the position as in this job the way we run it he generally never turns his back on the QB and does not have to run stride for stride with the WR. The Cover 2 tends to minimize the ability of the CB to make INTs and similar big plays (hence a CB like Dre Bly in DET publicly complaining about having to play CB in a Jauron designed Cover 2 before he left DET as an FA). It calls for press coverage right off the bat by the CB and thus minimizes his ability to play in a flexible loose D similar to the Bills style for years.

It specifically minimized NCs ability to play the style which suited him best which was to hang bacl and read the QBs eyes and jump routes for TDs range all over the field. There was a reason why the MLB in this defense Fletcher-Baker got more INTs than Clements and McGee combined. A highly paid CB is simply not worth the heavy cap hit the best players like Samuel or even NC commanded,

The Bills could see even last off-season where the salaries of the CBs were headed and they made a pre-emptive decision to pledge to NC they would not franchise tag him again because the Bills knew no matter how well NC played he was not worth the average salary of the top 5 that tagging him would have meant for this season.

The Bills simply did not lose a player in NC the way we have it played who would be worth cap hit a tagged NC would have gotten and thus what a tagged Samuel would get or the amount of a contract he would agree to.

File this thread under the "wishful thinking" category.

I filed it under "Gee, let's waste everone's time and post something that WON'T happen".

I will be posting the "Do you think we could offer the Raiders Craig Nall , Peerless Price and a 7th round pick for the #1 pick so we can take Calvin Johnson" ? topic, soon. I'll be interested in your comments as to whether we should make that deal.

The Patriots will trade samuel & they will get a 1st round pick for him. He may not command Nate Clements money but he is going to be pricey. I think he is a little overrated & little of a Patriots system guy. See the pats are not scared to make tough decisions. They let Ty Law walk & you better believe they are not going to overpay for Samuel, They will get another first rounder in 08 so they will have 2 picks again. This is exactly what the bills should of done with Clements & it is the one thing imo Levy has done that made no sense. How much different would this draft look if the bills had 2 first round picks?