Who is NOT going after Turner

What I think is a great sign for the Bills is that not one team that is picking before us is going after Turner. Think of the teams that we think will grab A. Peterson before he falls to us: Cleveland, Arizona (Edge is getting old), Minny, Houston (probably not though due to Green). If these teams really, really wanted/needed a RB, don't you think one of them would be going after Turner? Their 2nd rounder would be as good as a late first and having turner would free them up to take more of a "need" player in round 1 (sort of like we are doing right now).

I think this is great for us, unless there is a team picking before us that absolutely LOVES Peterson and thinks Turner is not a suitable 2nd choice RB.

Or those teams could be planning on taking a RB in the draft who they like better than Turner.

And my hunch is, whoever that RB may be, they will be selected in the 2nd round or later, thus likely excluding them from selecting a RB in the 1st round (aka Peterson).

And for generalee, thanks for the clarification. For a minute there, I forgot I was in a courtroom ("rebut" ???) and foolishly believed I was trying to add to discussion on a message board.

And my hunch is, whoever that RB may be, they will be selected in the 2nd round or later, thus likely excluding them from selecting a RB in the 1st round (aka Peterson).

And for generalee, thanks for the clarification. For a minute there, I forgot I was in a courtroom ("rebut" ???) and foolishly believed I was trying to add to discussion on a message board.

Adrain Peterson > Michael Turner

Adrain Peterson > Michael Turner

I'm not sure who Adrain Peterson is, but I'm sure he would be just that if we picked him. <_<

Sounds too much like Atrain, whom we already have. Adrian, on the other hand, stirs up memories of Rocky's pet-keeping wife.

My original point was that we are not even hearing a peep out of the teams before us that could be looking to pick AP. Wouldn't they even want to bring Turner in just for a chat? The media are not even making up stories about them being interested in Turner. Maybe they are not even interested in a RB at all. I would think that if you are going to invest a top 10 pick in the draft in picking a RB, then why not explore all options? Why not grab look into grabbing Turner now, so you can pick up another need position as a top 10 pick. Both Cleveland and Houston have tons of holes, why not look to fill one up now with Turner?

AP is not everything. He is not going to cause teams to fail to explore all other options.

What I think is a great sign for the Bills is that not one team that is picking before us is going after Turner. Think of the teams that we think will grab A. Peterson before he falls to us: Cleveland, Arizona (Edge is getting old), Minny, Houston (probably not though due to Green). If these teams really, really wanted/needed a RB, don't you think one of them would be going after Turner? Their 2nd rounder would be as good as a late first and having turner would free them up to take more of a "need" player in round 1 (sort of like we are doing right now).

I think this is great for us, unless there is a team picking before us that absolutely LOVES Peterson and thinks Turner is not a suitable 2nd choice RB.

the opposite is true.

Why would they go after the backup Turner for big bucks when they can get an elite back in Peterson?