Hold the concerns about Turner

if we obviously traded for turner, he would be part of the two-back system. I believe that it would work similar to Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush (although a less-talented combo for the bills...) Thats why i dont get people being too concerned about Turner's lack of experience or questions about whether he can "shoulder the load." remember, Bush was like that too coming out of USC...

Turner is a fantastic scat back with potential to be a real gamebreaker. The trade Im thinkin would be worth it is either:

-Swapping 1st rounders and picking up SD's late rounder too

OR

-Turner straight up for a 2nd

no one knows how a rookie RB would fare but at least we know a little bit about Turner... and again, he wouldnt have to quote-unquote carry the load for our team game in and game out

Michael Turner has to be the biggest scat back in the history of the NFL-all 237 pounds of him. He's a bruiser with speed, not a third down type.

I think Turner will be too expensive for Buffalo's rebuilding cash to the cap philosophy.

Michael Turner has to be the biggest scat back in the history of the NFL-all 237 pounds of him. He's a bruiser with speed, not a third down type.

There's that too. Turner is a bowling ball shaped back and not a RB/WR hybrid like Reggie Bush. I can sort of see the comparison if Tuner is being confused with Tomlinson, though.

if we obviously traded for turner, he would be part of the two-back system. I believe that it would work similar to Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush (although a less-talented combo for the bills...) Thats why i dont get people being too concerned about Turner's lack of experience or questions about whether he can "shoulder the load." remember, Bush was like that too coming out of USC...

Turner is a fantastic scat back with potential to be a real gamebreaker. The trade Im thinkin would be worth it is either:

-Swapping 1st rounders and picking up SD's late rounder too

OR

-Turner straight up for a 2nd

no one knows how a rookie RB would fare but at least we know a little bit about Turner... and again, he wouldnt have to quote-unquote carry the load for our team game in and game out

IMO the money that Turner and his agent will most likely be demanding would be a bit too steep for any team to pay for a RB that will play in the "running back by committee" approach.

what is a scat back? Is it a back that is constantly dropping Cosby's all over the field during the game?

what is a scat back? Is it a back that is constantly dropping Cosby's all over the field during the game?

wow. classy. cosby's huh? thats a pretty !@#$in horrible thing to write. congratulations, i hope you giggled while typing.

wow. classy. cosby's huh? thats a pretty !@#$in horrible thing to write. congratulations, i hope you giggled while typing.

I would have thought, perhaps, "Torme's" would have been the reference here. But, that's just me.

All the reports say that the Chargers want a 1st and a 3rd outright for Turner.

I agree it would be nice of them to give him to the Bills. Maybe Marv can work up some sympathy or altruism.

If the Bills signed him as a restricted free agent, and the Chargers didn't match it, the Bills would owe them a 1st and 3rd. They are never going to get a 1st and 3rd in a trade.