Team Physical

I saw that LB Al Wilson "failed" the Giants' physical negating the trade.

Made me wonder what exactly these physicals consist of? does the player have to peform drills under an alloted time? Or is it more based on injury and being ready to play?

Anyone? thanks.

Made me wonder what exactly these physicals consist of? does the player have to peform drills under an alloted time? Or is it more based on injury and being ready to play?

Anyone? thanks.

Probably just like my youth football physical. Stand in line with a bunch of guys with their shirts off, and then have the nurse put a cold stethoscope on your chest for a few seconds. He probably refused to take his shirt off.

Anyone? thanks.

I believe for anyone in the NFL it consists of an IQ test (with 40 being an acceptable grade), a "match the color with the word" test and then not to be forgotten is the all important "cocaine threshold test" in which the applicant is forced to snort an eight ball of coke in under 20 minutes. Once these tests are passed the trade is considered acceptable.