Sabres vs Capitals game thread

What is with the back turn?

He did that not to long ago in another fight, not NJ but... Anyway Ray was putting in his two cents to Jim and Rick about how that was terrible technique and how it was going to end up costing Peters big time.

He did that not to long ago in another fight, not NJ but... Anyway Ray was putting in his two cents to Jim and Rick about how that was terrible technique and how it was going to end up costing Peters big time.

This from a friend, he tells me that fighters in the NHL just don't think Peters legs are that strong so they are pulling him down because he doesn't have a good uppercut, just a good punch over the top.

They have been pulling Peters down so he can't let bombs go over the top, he's turning because he can't stand into them and throw the upper-cut off the hip.

FWIW. First time I have heard that.

This from a friend, he tells me that fighters in the NHL just don't think Peters legs are that strong so they are pulling him down because he doesn't have a good uppercut, just a good punch over the top.

They have been pulling Peters down so he can't let bombs go over the top, he's turning because he can't stand into them and throw the upper-cut off the hip.

FWIW. First time I have heard that.

Why wouldn't they just pull Peters closer to them? Seems like that would avoid the long reach Andrew has and force him to punch off his hip. Pushing down... It sounds strange but obviously if that's what DB did tonight it certainly worked. And it would explain why AP fell 4 times during the fight to his knees.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nick_foligno

If pedigree was all it took to get an invite to the NHL then the son of Mike Foligno would already have his ticket punched. However, the six-foot, 188-pound centre has worked hard to step out of the long shadow that his father – who also serves as his coach in Sudbury – has cast over him.

Born in Buffalo, New York, Foligno has continued the family legacy in Sudbury. His father was a standout player for the Wolves before making his own jump to the NHL. The prodigal son returned to coach in Sudbury and brought his son aboard. But instead of living off a sense of entitlement, the younger Foligno has shown the willingness to roll up his sleeves and lead his team both off and on the ice.

After a solid rookie season where he scored 10 goals and 28 assists in 65 games, Foligno had a coming-out of sorts in the 2004-05 playoffs when he ramped up his production and scored five goals and five assists in 12 games. He continued that momentum into this season, averaging better than a point-per-game en route to a 70-point season in 65 games. He’s combined a familiarity with getting to the net (ten goals in year one, 24 in year two) with a familiarity with the penalty box. In two seasons, the young forward has racked up 257 penalty minutes, in large part due to his proficiency at getting into the corners and in front of the net.

<_<

Just a hunch, but I think it'll be the NYRs.

Agreed, although I'd like to get the NYI in HSBC in the first round. Stafford is in for the long run, man that kid works his a$$ of every shift. It's going to be interesting to see who's going to dress when everyone is healthy. Lindy's got some hard choices up ahead but that's a good thing. Nathan P. is actually playing quite well of late as well. Think he could stay on the team and dress with all defenseman healthy? Would they scratch Kalinin at this point if all the d is healthy and start NP?

Agreed, although I'd like to get the NYI in HSBC in the first round. Stafford is in for the long run, man that kid works his a$$ of every shift. It's going to be interesting to see who's going to dress when everyone is healthy. Lindy's got some hard choices up ahead but that's a good thing. Nathan P. is actually playing quite well of late as well. Think he could stay on the team and dress with all defenseman healthy? Would they scratch Kalinin at this point if all the d is healthy and start NP?

He'll stay on the team, but I expect NP to be a healthy scratch if all the D-men are healthy.

He's a rookie. He'll have his chance. Kalinin is still stronger down low on the PK. It is a nice problem to have if in fact you have 7 healthy d-men which never really lasts long. Everyone is hurt in the playoffs and sometimes you play the least hurt people.