I have a strange feeling that Dallas

I haven't seen any rumors to linking Dallas to wanting Peterson but watch out for them to make a play to move up. I'm just throwing out this possibility.

Why did they shop Julius Jones? Hmmm. Could it be they were looking for an extra pick for a deal to move up in the first for Peterson?

Jerry Jones has big ties to that conference with him going to Arkansas and his buddy ex-sooner coach Barry Switzer.

Julius Jones has obviously not become his next "Emmit Smith", this alone makes Peterson an easy guess as a Dallas target player.

I have a feeling that once Peterson starts to drop, Dallas will start making calls to move up. Depending on how much they are willing to give up this could potentially work in the Bills favor IF he were to drop to us at pick 12. On the value chart it would cost Dallas a swap of first rounders with Buffalo and their 2nd and 4th round picks. Since they know the Bills have a real need and could take him, they may be willing to give up their 2nd and 3rd (depending on how much they want him it's not an impossiblity) if the Bills played hardball.

Best case scenario here is the Bills having Dallas' #22 pick in the first round, 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders.

Here's a quick mock for starters (remember this is for entertainment purposes only)

1. Puzlusny LB

2a trade for San Diego's Michael Turner

2b best cornerback available (Damien Hughes, Tanard Jackson, Josh Wilson?)

3a Ben Patrick TE

3b best WR available (Jacoby Jones?)

Then again the Bills could just tell Dallas to buzz off and select Peterson themselves. There are so many possibilities in this draft.

The only real problem with your hypothesis:

Marion Barber

I'm sure I'll hear many more problems with my hypothesis.

As for Barber, I really find it hard to believe that he's the workhorse they are looking for. He's a talented spot duty runner, but I bet that Dallas wants their next "star" runningback.

As for Barber, I really find it hard to believe that he's the workhorse they are looking for. He's a talented spot duty runner, but I bet that Dallas wants their next "star" runningback.

Barber may indeed be the go-to back Dallas needs. He's shown himself to be the better in-between the tackles runner and is very effective in goal line/short yardage situations. He's not great @ making guys miss in the open field, but he's not horrible @ it, either. I think he can handle being the lead back, if they decide to go that route.

I think Barber is going to take more of the load and can handle it. The guy is money imo. The combo of Jones and Barber is also money, I think more so if Barber becomes the 1a and Jones becomes the 1b, which I bet happens this season.

Barber may indeed be the go-to back Dallas needs. He's shown himself to be the better in-between the tackles runner and is very effective in goal line/short yardage situations. He's not great @ making guys miss in the open field, but he's not horrible @ it, either. I think he can handle being the lead back, if they decide to go that route.

I hear ya, but Dallas always wants that big brand new shiny car (it's the Jerry Jones way). If they feel like Barber can get the job done then I read the trading of Jones thing way wrong. It's always fun to look at the different draft scenarios. It seems like they change daily with the player trades and free agency signings.

I think Barber is going to take more of the load and can handle it. The guy is money imo. The combo of Jones and Barber is also money, I think more so if Barber becomes the 1a and Jones becomes the 1b, which I bet happens this season.

I agree with you about barber, the guy has everything but breakaway speed, not that hes a slug. Hard nosed runner who can pick up blitzes and has one of the best noses for the end zone in the league. When Jones was nursing minor injuries last year Barber was thriving while recieving pretty much a full load. While he is no thurman thomas he also is a capable reciever out of the backfield(see the thanksgiving day game). Jones can also be good, sometimes very good(see his game vs seattle his rookie year). The problem is that barber seems to be tough while jones is mr glass. IMO the cowobys would be best served by keeping their current tandem but if they can trade him for a decent pick and pick up a rookie or cheap FA it would work just as well. I recall reading somewhere that Barber was misused at University of Minnesota and thus did not capitalize but honestly I cannot recall his college production.