Sabres/Thrashers

Buftex

Wow, another close, heartbreaking loss for the Sabres, in OT. Still picked up a point (6 out of 8 on the four game road trip) but this one was tough to swallow, coming in the final minute of OT. The Sabres played very well the first two periods, but looke tired in the third.

Perhaps the only real troubling thing to come out of this, is the continued awfulness of the power play unit. I thought/was hoping, Zubris would give them some life in this area (he was billed as being great on the powerplay), but he was as lifeless as anyone on those units. I know, Robataille pointed it out in the broadcast, but the perimiter players just do not move. They will pass the puck back and fourth, but nobody ever shifts their position to get the defensemen out of position. This has been going on for some time now.

Ryan Miller had a decent game, but is it me, or does he just drop to his knees way too quickly? On the first goal, and the OT winner today, I am just not sure what he sees, that makes him think he has a better shot at making a save, on his knees.

Pomminville had a great game. He had about 5 or 6 great scoring opportunities, mostly created by his own hustle. Leigthonin (sp?) was terrific for Atlanta. Also, strong games for Roy and Hecht. Good to see those guys getting into playoff form.

Good to have Spacek back, he made some nice plays today, along with a blunder or two.

Assuming everyone is healthy for the playoffs, who do the Sabres send back down to Rochester? Stafford and Ryan have been amazing. Tough decisions. These final 10 games

should be fun....one more chance to prove we can beat the Devils (3/28), and some good rivalry games against teams desperate for points.

The Sabres played like crap today! even though its odd for them to play at 2:00 in the afternoon while they always start at 7:00PM or 7:30PM some times 8:00PM. But they had a chance to score on the power play in overtime and blew it. The thrashers had a power play and won with 19 seconds left in over time i was so pissed

The Sabres played like crap today! even though its odd for them to play at 2:00 in the afternoon while they always start at 7:00PM or 7:30PM some times 8:00PM. But they had a chance to score on the power play in overtime and blew it. The thrashers had a power play and won with 19 seconds left in over time i was so pissed

Are we about to collapse? I really seems like that.

Are we about to collapse? I really seems like that.
No well atleaste on the bright side we got a point out of it so were 5 points ahead of the devils, even though i would have liked it to be 6. But I don't think the sabres will collapse there just not perfforming thats all, but i know were going to win the stanley cup this year because of the other guys were getting back from injury, were going to get back conolly, afinogenov, kotalik, paille back its a shame were not getting goose back though

I was sorry I didnt get to see that game.

Wait. No I'm not.

I just got back from it. Kid's first hockey game, she thoroughly enjoyed it. Real pisser how it ended, too... Five Sabres fans in front of us, two behind us, some up and to the right of us.... everyone was cheering for the good guys. Was great. I love going to Buff/Atlanta games.