Great Article on the Sabres from NHL.com

stevestojan

yeah that was a nice article and nice that the hurricanes destroyed the devils 7-2 I didn't watch it but just saw the score on the article. Go Sabres. I think regarding to the article we are going to win the stanley cup this year, once my boy Afinogenov gets back its over we need his speed, and once kotalik gets back another good goal scorer were winning it this, I sure hope I wont be damned for saying it but if i am we had one hell of a season, starting off 10-0 baby thats the one thing i will always remember about this season.

How sweet would it be if we played Carolina in the first round of the playoffs, I know we already got our revenge on them by sweeping them, but this will be the ultimate revenge if we beat them this year.

I would also like for the Sabres to knock the Hurricanes out of the playoffs. However, Carolina may not even make the playoffs. The race for the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference is intense and will be fun to watch. Before the game, there were five teams from spots seven to eleven with a range of 78 - 76 points. Carolina is now in seventh place with 80. This is not the same Carolina team as last year as they lost a lot of players. I am glad that the Hurricanes beat Jersey and ran Brodeur in the process. I am also relieved that the Sabres aren't sweating for the eighth spot!

I am still concerned about the Sabres offensive output. Conklin (great debut start) and Miller have saved the day in each of the last two games in which the Sabres have been outshot 45 - 20 and 37 -20. Every game is important with tough games with Atlanta and Washington coming up. I would label the game against Jersey as a "must win" since beating them would not only provide more distance in the standings but boost confidence in regards to specifically beating the Devils. The games against the Leafs should be taken seriuosly. Enough of this playing down to the opponent nonsense.

I would also like for the Sabres to knock the Hurricanes out of the playoffs. However, Carolina may not even make the playoffs. The race for the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference is intense and will be fun to watch. Before the game, there were five teams from spots seven to eleven with a range of 78 - 76 points. Carolina is now in seventh place with 80. This is not the same Carolina team as last year as they lost a lot of players. I am glad that the Hurricanes beat Jersey and ran Brodeur in the process. I am also relieved that the Sabres aren't sweating for the eighth spot!

I am still concerned about the Sabres offensive output. Conklin (great debut start) and Miller have saved the day in each of the last two games in which the Sabres have been outshot 45 - 20 and 37 -20. Every game is important with tough games with Atlanta and Washington coming up. I would label the game against Jersey as a "must win" since beating them would not only provide more distance in the standings but boost confidence in regards to specifically beating the Devils. The games against the Leafs should be taken seriuosly. Enough of this playing down to the opponent nonsense.

well lets hope they do make it. I told my brother what i said on the board, and he said that funny because every body in buffalo is saying that they want carolina in the 8th seed so we can beat the crap out of them.

Another Good Article on NHL.com

From article:

“I wouldn’t say it’s a curse,” Ruff said. “The ‘No Goal’ is behind us. It’s over with. It was covered by a rule the NHL no longer has. We moved on from there.

“We had a great run last season. This team showed a lot of guts and character. We never gave up. We were in every game. I think we represent Western New Yorkers very well. We are just like them in the sense that we have that never say die attitude. We never give up.

“Look at what this organization has been through over the past few years. We’ve had a change in ownership, had the new ownership go through bankruptcy, be owned and operated by the league, and be bought by an individual who has really put life back into the organization. Our fans have hung in there with us all the way. And we’re not finished. We have one goal to go and that’s to win a Cup. Our fans have never given up on us. We’re not giving up on them either.

“We’re on a mission.”

And what is Thurman Thomas talking about in the middle of the read? I've never even heard of that supposed curse.....