The way I see it if we dealt for Turner

Is that we drafted a more proven back then Lynch, and moved up to get Turner and only gave up a 3rd rounder to get it.

Anyone see what I'm sayin?

I see what you are saying, but you can get Michael Turner for less than the #1 and #3 of the RFA status. The Chargers would take just the #1, and might take just the #2 or a package. The #1 + #3 are just what a team has to give up to get him without negotiating with the Chargers. The Chargers can still trade him for something less, and when you have LT and know your backup running back is going to walk after next season, getting something for him is probably a good idea. I could see this happening if we push it.

I see what you are saying, but you can get Michael Turner for less than the #1 and #3 of the RFA status. The Chargers would take just the #1, and might take just the #2 or a package. The #1 + #3 are just what a team has to give up to get him without negotiating with the Chargers. The Chargers can still trade him for something less, and when you have LT and know your backup running back is going to walk after next season, getting something for him is probably a good idea. I could see this happening if we push it.

You would not be guaranteed to get him for a 1st and a 3rd though. He's a RFA, those picks only mean that if you sign him to an offer, and SD decides they don't want to match it, you would owe SD the first and a third. So you would have to overpay for him, and give up the picks to get him away from SD

When Rhodes signed with Oakland, and Dillon turned down Buffalo, I actually thought a deal could be in the works for Turner, mostly after not having much better options, but after hearing DJ say they are going with a RB by committee, I don't think they are looking at him, and I doubt Turner will want to come here becuase I think he'd want to be the main RB (he still could be with A-Train subbing in occasionally) but I think the choices are Brown, or a rookie from the first day of the draft

With all the holes on this team im not interested giving away 2 picks for a backup running back thats played in scrub duty.

Why not just draft a RB and keep the extra pick and fill another hole?

Im not saying Turner is not a good RB, hes decent. Unproven decent. Granted I could be wrong cause of whos playing in front of him.......

But, im more for getting a RB in the draft and keeping that other pick to fill another hole on the team. I just cant see Buffalo giving 2 picks for a RB. If it was any other year, I wouldnt care, but with soo many holes to fill, having 4 picks in the top 100 is a nice thing to have.

I would only consider trading with SD if the cost was just ONE first day pick. If we could get Turner for, say, a second rounder I would be all for it, provided that the scouts grade Turner high enough to make such a trade. The only problem is that I think AJ Smith is going to be stubborn about this -- and probably risk the missing out on the opportunity to trade him at all, as I suspect that he'll hold fast to the 1st and 3rd round compensation that they are entitled to with the tender they placed on him. After all, if the Chargers were willing to settle for less, then they could have used a lower qualifying tender that would have entitled them to lesser compensation.