Could this CB really have a chance to slip to us in the 2nd rd?

If we pass on CB Leon Hall that would push the pecking order back a bit. I have noticed in a couple of different mock drafts that they had New England grabbing him with their first 1st rd pick. Here's another example of a quality player who could be available for us when we pick. Is McCauley a real possibility for us in the 2nd rd?

http://gobulldogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...y_marcus00.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=18617

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospe...s_mccauley.html

http://collegian.csufresno.edu/archive/200.../lockdown.shtml

I'll bet you he'll be one of the first players off the board in RD#2, and we won't have a chance at him.

Good player for our system, though.

We'll take 2 CB's I think...How about Corey Graham in RD#4? He's from Buffalo, Turney Carroll HS. 6-0/195/4.41, went to New Hampshire.

The second round is still probably too early for the Bills go for a CB unless they use FA to fill holes where we simply have no chance of finding a starter on our roster like MLB and RB.

The best CBs (take your pick between Revis and Hall) are not so much obviously better than the second best LBs (take your pick as some pundits do between Willis and Timmons) or even the second best DT (take your pick as some pundits do between Okoye and Branch) or second best RB Lynch (Peterson is better but he will be long gone by 12) that it makes more football sense for us to fill other holes first rather than draft a CB first.

We long ago decided that in our scheme the CB role was going to be diminished (hence we let NC go so it does not make sense that we would devote a large cap slot to a CB.

How about Jonathan Wade of Tennessee? He's a long shot to slip to the third round, but may be a good bet. Fastest of the group and has played against the best receivers.

You can always be relied on to pimp the UT players! :pirate:

He's pretty good though, i agree.

Defense is a major concern still I think. I hope AP is still there at #12 and we trade down 4-6 spots and pick up another second. I think out of the first round 3-6 guys are a necessity: Willis, Puz, Okoye, Branch, Houston, or Hall, in no order. CB has to be the top, with LB second, and DT third. Just as important is a good RB in the second. At DT I personally like Paul Soliai in the 4th, 6'4 344 5.10 225-45X, used situationally on running downs.

How bout an all tennessee draft?

1. Robert Meachem WR (trade down for an extra 3)

2. Justin Harrel DT

3. Jonathan Wade CB

3. . Aaron Sears OT/G

4. Turk McBride DT

I wonder how recovered harrel is from that torn bicep. if he's back to 100%, i think he will be a steal for somebody. although that was a very nasty injury he had.

Meachem is very fast and talented and may bust the mediocre NFL streak UT WR's have been on in the last ten years or so. (and dante stallworth does not yet count as better than mediocre until he consistently produces, btw)

Wade is good, Sears is Good, Turk McBride, decent

so it wouldn't be a terrible draft at all, imo.

How bout an all tennessee draft?

1. Robert Meachem WR (trade down for an extra 3)

2. Justin Harrel DT

3. Jonathan Wade CB

3. . Aaron Sears OT/G

4. Turk McBride DT

Living in Southwest Virginia I used to be a fan of all the UT players the Bills would get. But drafting them in every round? Come on! After all, what was their record last year?

Actually I tried to figure a way to ge fullback Corey Anderson into the mix as well. He is one hell of a pass blocking fullback and is not a bad runner and pass catcher, although he didn't get much chance to show it. I see him as a third rounder though...don't think we have enough choices to include him in my all tennessee draft.

Actually I tried to figure a way to ge fullback Corey Anderson into the mix as well. He is one hell of a pass blocking fullback and is not a bad runner and pass catcher, although he didn't get much chance to show it. I see him as a third rounder though...don't think we have enough choices to include him in my all tennessee draft.

Believe it or not, I have the Bills taking him in the fifth. Will he go by the third?

See the Jones boys at Big Stone Gap? that is one tough country there...I'd take a football player from out of that neck of the woods any day. Don't come tougher than that.

I saw a thread or post or something with Julius possibly being a Bill. And damn straight I'd take him.