ROBAIRE OR SCOTT

which scott? ian scott? or jake scott? We don't need a Defensive End, thats why we have Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney on the Right Side, and Aaron Schobel and Anthony Hargrove on the other side

DT Ian Scott from chitown..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=2795527

here is a list of who is left on the free agent market... the top three were the exact guys i had in mind for the bills this off season and alas, they're still there for the taking and probably going to come cheap considering the fact that the big buck week is over. thoughts?

Harper is reportedly done visiting teams. That could either mean the Bills weren't interested (since he'll be 32 when the season starts) or he wasn't interested. In any case, cross him off the list. However June would be a good pickup and alleviate concerns at LB. As for DT, I'd sign the best run-stopping DT out there. The fewer holes going into the draft, the better.

I'm actually interested in ian scott, I wrote a comment about him to howard simon, haven't heard from him but he would be a nice pick up.

I watched him pretty closely in the Bears last two playoff games against the Saints and Colts, and basically he did next to nothing. I see no upgrade with him in the middle of our D-line. Robaire Smith looked pretty tough against us when we played the Titans late last year. He was getting a strong push up the middle. I believe he is bigger than Scott which would be a plus as well.

I watched him pretty closely in the Bears last two playoff games against the Saints and Colts, and basically he did next to nothing. I see no upgrade with him in the middle of our D-line. Robaire Smith looked pretty tough against us when we played the Titans late last year. He was getting a strong push up the middle. I believe he is bigger than Scott which would be a plus as well.

How about neither. Fourth Round Paul Soliai from Utah 6'4 344 5.10-40 225-45x Used on first and second downs as well as goaline situations. Occasionally takes a play off, but heck if he only plays in certain situations...

Ditto. He was a total non-factor for the Bears. They took him out on important downs, both short yardage and passing situations. When he was in he looked pedestrian. Reminded me of Tim Anderson. Just cause he was on the Bears doesn't mean that he is any good.

How about neither. Fourth Round Paul Soliai from Utah 6'4 344 5.10-40 225-45x Used on first and second downs as well as goaline situations. Occasionally takes a play off, but heck if he only plays in certain situations...

I agree on Soliai. I think he is underrated due to his 2 years in junior college, but he's a big man who plays the run tough and I wouldnt mind picking him up in the 4th.