Rumor on our RB

chetsap

Buffalo Bills Updated:03/11/2007

According to the Trenton Times, Buffalo will take Cal's RB Marshawn Lynch in the first round to replace Willis McGahee

Found this on NFL.com under rumors.

Lets go Bills!

That's rich. What inside info on the Bills draft does the Trenton Times have? The Bills don't KNOW who they are going to draft, for Christ's sake.

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

The NFL's rumor guys:

"Let's see...the Bills don't have a RB, an RB (Lynch) will be available at #12. Bills will pick RB Lynch."

Whereas they may indeed pick Lunch, this is just the NFL trying to make a logical guess. They have no inside.

While I don't mean to shoot the messenger, why does anyone bother with this kind of stuff? I swear, Mel Kiper, John Clayton, Mort, Berman, Peter King and the rest of the sporting world could all write a story tomorrow morning that said:

"BILLS SET TO TAKE MARSHAWN LYNCH"

...and it wouldn't mean a thing. No one in the media knows anything substantial about who is going to draft who. They might know a TINY bit about who WANTS to draft who, but that means nothing as well. And even if it did, it still wouldn't matter because not even the GMs know what is going to happen until, quite possibly, the draft has already begun.

Marv doesn't know who we will draft, Jauron doesn't know, Marshawn Lynch doesn't know. Mel Kiper's hair, John Clayton's skinny neck, Lenny P's belly, Peter King's white hair patch and Jim Rome's fake tan and Chris Berman's cab driver all don't know who will draft.

And I'm pretty sure Staff Writer #6 at the Trenton Times doesn't know either.

The NFL's rumor guys:

"Let's see...the Bills don't have a RB, an RB (Lynch) will be available at #12. Bills will pick RB Lynch."

Whereas they may indeed pick Lunch, this is just the NFL trying to make a logical guess. They have no inside.

They will? I don't Marv knows what he'll do tomorrow :devil: (kinda wish there was a helen keller smiley here)