LB thread.....For Defensive Geniuses

Whatever we do at MLB, I think we will miss London this year. IMO, he's the biggest loss for the Bills this offseason. He called the plays, set the tempo and made the tackles.

I can live with losing Nate...too much $$ for the Bills. I think the Wills trade will help the Bills. I just think we could have re-signed Fletcher for the $$ he got in DC.

But...I'm trusting in Marv.

Whatever we do at MLB, I think we will miss London this year. IMO, he's the biggest loss for the Bills this offseason. He called the plays, set the tempo and made the tackles.

I can live with losing Nate...too much $$ for the Bills. I think the Wills trade will help the Bills. I just think we could have re-signed Fletcher for the $$ he got in DC.

But...I'm trusting in Marv.

sure we could have re-signed him.

and we would have another year of poor run support from the MLB.

we will get better run support for less money without him.

sure we could have re-signed him.

and we would have another year of poor run support from the MLB.

we will get better run support for less money without him.

I assume you mean run stopping support. The best way to stop the run is to make the tackle. Despite injuries London was #3 in the NFL in tackles last year:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStats...;dir=descending

Yeah, that will be easy to replace.

The perceived weakness of London by some is foolish, IMO. As the Bills did not have the huge DTs, he regularly took on big O Lineman and STILL made the tackles. Fletch was relentless in pursuit and almost always around the ball.

Mock drafts are NOT made on a thoughtful consideration of ateams need. They look at a list of defensive positions that need to be filled, look at the list for prospects and match the highest rated need with the highest rated player. For positions like DT that doesnt make sense because of the difference between the 2 kinds of DTs. I tihnk Brankch would be a good fit for us while Okoye might not be. People don't look at the system you play in as much as the "rankings"

Despite the impossibility of starting a rookie at MLB, I believe the Bears drafted Urlacher as a safety, changed his position to MLB and started him in the cover- 2 in his rookie year.

Pure blasphemy :devil:

You obtain your studs in the draft.

If Willis is a stud in the making, they draft him with the intent to start him. If he can't hack MLB as a rookie (which I doubt), they start him at Spikes spot.

That's what I thought. Urlacher was just an athletic freak, turned LB. How did Coy Wire do at the end of the season? I'm hoping his athletic abilities can make him fit in nicely while we wait for a LB to mature. London was a great tackler and leader while he was here. But he was not an attacker - more of a defensive LB. In other words, he would wait and react, instead of attack and react.

I have to agree with Pyrite Gal .

We have to Billieve that if Crowell whom is a very good mlb get all the reps at #1 this preseason, is teamed with a hopefully 90% TKO and the likes of Timmons (which some mocks have going before Willis) we well have an improved corp over last year.