Observations about Free Agency

JoeF

The Offensive Line Market moved very quickly this year in FA:

Offensive Guard

Steinbach, Dielman, Dockery all signed

Offensive Tackle

The ESPN Top 5 of Leonard Davis, Tony Pashos, Jon Stinchcomb, Luke Pettigout, Langston Walker -- all gone

For our remaining positions of potential need other than RB..the market has been very slow--CB, LB and DT still many of the top remain---did Marv and DJ know something?

The Offensive Line Market move very quickly this year in FA:

Offensive Guard

Offensive Tackle

The ESPN Top 5 of Leonard Davis, Tony Pashos, Jon Stinchcomb, Luke Pettigout, Langston Walker -- all gone

For our remaining positions of potential need other than RB..the market has been very slow--CB, LB and DT still many of the top remain---did Marv and DJ know something?

Yeah, they did. They also knew that it usually takes a few years for an O-lineman to develop, so drafting Justin Blaylock wouldn't have helped the line much this season.

The Offensive Line Market move very quickly this year in FA:

Offensive Guard

Offensive Tackle

Yes, that is very interesting. I don't think it is necessarily that Marv and co knew this, I think that other teams NEEDED to adress their o-line. But I do think that he knows that he can get quality CBs, LBs, DTs, and RBs later on in Free Agency or the draft.