RB shopping: the bargain basement!

I'm not worried about the RB situation in Buffalo, I'm really not. I'd rather be in limbo than overpay for someone who we'll wish we didn't by training camp. I did want to see who was out there that isn't being talked about. The pickings are slim so I can see why some teams have pushed the panic button. Here's the best of the bunch--strictly #2 or #3 backs. That's all I was looking at them for.

Unrestricted Free Agents:

James Mungro-Colts

Eight TD's his first year as mostly a short-yardage back, hasn't been seen much since. Tore ACL in 2006 pre-season.

Correll Buckhalter-Eagles

A good receiver for a RB. Oh, the injury history! Denver (of course) is interested in signing him as a backup.

Reno Mahe-Eagles

He pretty much IS Shaud Williams.

Stephen Davis-Rams

He's still playing?

T.J. Duckett-Redskins

One word: yuck

Ron Dayne-Houston

If we don't re-sign A-Train, I could get used to him being a #2 back. How about a 1-yr deal?

Restricted Free Agent:

Maurice Hicks-SF 49'ers (SF has right of first refusal-no draft picks required)

Looks like he can play RB, receive, and return kicks. Played more RB in 2004-2005, was a KR almost exclusively in 2006.

If we're junk shopping, LaBrandon Toefield has the look of a Bill to me. And it is a shame that this staff found Lionel Gates lacking -- he could shake loose of Tampa should they add a fresher RB.